Edit Master Instrument / Symbol Mappings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Edit Master Instrument / Symbol Mappings

Is there any way I can edit Master Instrument mappings? (Even unsupported ways)

In the UK we have a method of trading called "spread betting". This is pretty much identical to CFD trading (same charts, instruments and prices) but as it is technically classified as a "bet", traders do not need to pay any taxes on their winnings.

My spreadbet account appears in Ninjatrader's accounts list. However it throws a broker error when I try to trade using this account on Ninjatrader's "UK 100 CFD" instrument - I need to issue trades with the "UK 100 DFT" instrument. So I would like to edit Ninjatrader's @UK100 mapping so that it points to CityIndexes "UK 100 DFT" (spread bet) symbol instead of "UK 100 CFD".

I noticed on this issue that @Gold was pointing to CityIndex's Goldman Sachs instrument and not the metal:
    I'm not getting any live updates on CityIndex for Gold CFDs. Furthermore, the trading hours template is acting strange. It only displays historical data for

So there must be a mapping somewhere between Ninjatrader instruments and broker instruments; is it possible for me to edit this?

What is the specific error message you're getting? Did you contact City Index about that error? If so, what did they report?

It is possible to edit the mapping of built in instruments by going to Tools > Instruments > Double-left click on the instrument you wish to edit > Edit settings as desired > OK. However, I would not recommend editing a built-in instrument. I would suggest creating a new custom instrument with the mapping you desire.

I am also unsure if this other classification of instrument (DFT) will be supported. I am researching now and I'll follow up when I have more information.

EDIT - Thanks for your patience. It turns out DFT would be another asset class and this asset class is not supported. I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-4134. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 07-26-2019, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post CortexZenUSA  
    Started by usazencortex, Today, 12:43 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post usazencortex