Sim trades don't match with plotted bars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
    I would do the same test as mentioned earlier when you think your charts may be lagging. What it's starting to sound like you're describe is what we call a 'rendering delay'. Basically, there is so much incoming data and due to the complexity of your workspace/power of your PC, the chart cannot keep up with real- time data.

If you do detect this, we can provide some additional diagnostic and troubleshooting steps to resolve the rendering delay.
    Hi Patrick, what is "rendering delay" and why does it exist? ... just searched the NT8 help guide and get only 3 results that don't mention it by name?
    TIA

Comment

Originally posted by wishing View Post
      Hi Patrick, what is "rendering delay" and why does it exist? ... just searched the NT8 help guide and get only 3 results that don't mention it by name?
      TIA
      He means that drawing the chart has become slow because of one or more bottle necks.

Comment

Hi,
        I think I found out the reason why I'm getting these weird fills in sim. If I buy a stock with a big spread at market, Ninjatrader fills me at the ask price. In reality of course the stock price would move to the filled price but this won't happen in sim mode! I think this is just one of those practical problems of sim mode and is the desired behaviour.
        THanks,
        iq

Comment

Orders must fill at either the ask or the bid. Buy orders fill at the ask and sell orders fill at the bid. The 'spread' (if any) between the ask and bid price must be overcome before a profit is made.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post usazencort  
          Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
          5 responses
          0 likes