displaying contract buys and sells on charts in new account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

displaying contract buys and sells on charts in new account

So OK I've created a secondary simulator account to test and recreate the tight conditions of a TopStep Trader account and I have a few questions. The easy obvious stuff like setting the total cash, top number of contracts in play at a time etc those are easy. But I can't find the setting either in the Accounts tab, preferences for the chart, chart trader tab, or preferences of the Super Dom to display the text on the charts of where the buys and sells of this new account which I've called "Fake TopStep". I did see on the chart trader tab, the window where it says to change the account it displays which shows where the live trade levels are, but not where trades in account's daily history have occurred. Also I'd like to adjust the commissions costs per trade to be a bit more expensive so I can check how other quoted brokers would be or not be competitive. Is there a tutorial on that anywhere? How to set up new commissions templates for the simulators.

Hello Daryl Haaland,

Thank you for your post

Glad to assist. Trades can be reviewed via the New > Trade Performance window. Next to the Display drop down menu, there is a filter icon that looks like an upside down oil filter. Pressing that will allow you to select the account you would like to generate reports for.
    See the below blog post for more using Trade Performance.
    http://ninjatrader.com/blog/ninjatra...rmance-window/

To apply commissions templates to separate accounts, please take the steps below.

Navigate to the Accounts tab of the Control Center
    Right click on the Account you would like to apply the commissions to, and select 'Edit Account'
    In the 'Commission' drop-down menu, select the commission template.
    Click OK

A custom template can be created via Control Center > Tools > Commissions. In this window, click, "add" in the Templates section towards the bottom left side to create a new template. Next, depending on the instrument type you intend on trading, click on the instrument type in the 'Commission per instrument type' section, and click edit. Lastly, add the 'Minimum commission' or 'Per-unit commission' and then click 'OK'. Follow the above steps to apply the commission template to your account.

Unfortunately, the prior orders you've executed will not be applied with commissions, however, the new orders you execute will have the commissions applied.

Additionally, please see the following NinjaTrader 8 help guide link directed section Working With Commission Templates:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...commissi_2.htm

Please feel free to write in with any additional NinjaTrader items we may assist with.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Max238
    by Max238

Started by rocketman7, Today, 01:00 AM
    0 responses