multiple unwanted workspaces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multiple unwanted workspaces

yet again i find myself now having to close multiple workspaces I never wanted or opened myself........ such a rubbish system in place, so annoying to use

The expected behavior of NinjaTrader would be to open NinjaTrader exactly as it was shut down. So, for example, if you had three workspaces open when you shut down NinjaTrader, I would expect NinjaTrader to open those same workspaces the next time it was restarted. Here is a link with more information on how to manage your workspaces:

Can you elaborate on what exact steps you're taking during shut down?

You use the word 'again'. Did you previously report this symptom? If so, do you recall who you spoke with, the ticket number, or the date we last spoke?

Can you reproduce the symptom you're reporting? Or does it seem to be random/intermittent

Comment

Yes well I had 1 and when I re-opned at some point in recent history I had 2 so now I always have to shut down 2.

Comment

Let's first define how to tell whether or not a workspace is open:
        • Open workspaces are indicated by the rectangle icon, if there is no icon then the workspace is closed
        • The currently active workspace has a filled green rectangle. You can only have one active workspace
        You're reporting that right now, you can go to Workspace > Choose 'Close' next to all but one workspace > Restart NinjaTrader > More than one workspace is open?

Comment

Now it's decided that I only have 2 monitors instead of 3. Restarted, relaunched, opened older and older workspaces, nothing, Gonna have to rebuild the whole workspace ONCE AGAIN... Zzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Once done, I'm going to delete all the old workspaces, they're obviously trashed now.

Comment

This is a chronic symptom I know you've reported previously. I would suggest that you look into Windows updates, graphics drivers, and also doing a controlled test from another PC if possible. All of these symptoms seem to be isolated to your PC.

Comment

Now it's completely corrupted - NT won't even load normally any more... it's icon is flashing on and off in the task bar, the charts are loading up 1 per minute, then the control panel disappeared... never seen this before. this is after a complete restart of laptop.

Comment

oh and the data box disappeared last time too and wouldn't come back even when clicking the data box button on a chart

Comment

As always, we recommend that you contact us via email since we can gather much more specific information about your PC and your NinjaTrader that way. I highly recommend that, moving forward, you use email support primarily instead of forum support. The forums are great for general questions, but when you're experiencing very specific symptoms unique to your NinjaTrader/ your PC, we cannot effectively troubleshoot this on the forums.

If you have emails from the prior times we've troublehshot similar symptoms on your end, please reply to that email. If not, write a new email to PlatformSupport[AT}NinjaTrader[DOT]com with a link to this forum post and "2217973 ATTN Patrick G" so I may assist you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                  4 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post arvidvanstaey  
                  Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                  16 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post samish18