X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to lauch NT8(Themida)

Hi,

When i launch NT8 i get the following:

An internal exception occured(Address: 0xbdaac36b)
    Please, contact [email protected].

i get that since nt crashed unexpectedly.

Regards

I am not familiar with this error message being caused by NinjaTrader directly. From what I can tell, Oreans is a 'software protection system'. We would not be experts on errors involving this software here at NinjaTrader, however, there is some basic PC troubleshooting we could try.

Do you currently have their software installed? If you uninstall this software, does the issue persist?

If there is any way to exclude programs or folders from this program, I would suggest doing so for your NinjaTrader. The locations you'll want to exclude are:
    • Documents > "NinjaTrader 8" folder
    • Program Files (x86) > NinjaTrader 8 > bin64 > "NinjaTrader.exe" file (you could also exclude the entire NinjaTrader folder here as well if possible)

Did you follow the advice of the message and contact their support team? If so, what did they report? If not, please do so now and report their response here.

Finally, if you have any other virus protection or firewall programs, I would suggest running a scan now to be certain there is nothing malicious on your PC.

Comment

Is there any fix to this problem? I now have it and have tried removing and reinstalling NT8. I sent a message off to the support email address, but have seen others complain online they don't get a replay. I cannot start NT8 any longer...

I suspect I disabled a service that I didn't recognize a while ago, but not sure which one to activate again.

Comment

Hello NJA_MC,

Going off of what Patrick has already posted, this could be due to a third party import as noted Oreans is a 'software protection system'. It is possible a third party is using this to protect NinjaScript items and this is now failing. Oreans is also not something NinjaTrader natively includes or uses so I would have no specific information on this error or software.

With that being said, could either of you try a safe mode startup and see if that allows for NinjaTrader to start? This could also help guide further troubleshooting. If a safemode test works and there are third party items imported a next step may be to test a clean user folder to see if this relates to an import. If the safemode test fails this may be related to something else specific to your PC's.

To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
        • Exit NinjaTrader.
        • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
        • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
        • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.

For further assistance on this question, I would likely need to review the log and trace files or provide direction on how to do a clean user folder test. For that, I would suggest to email our platform support [at] ninjatrader.com for further assistance.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I've hit this one in the past when I used Process Monitor or a similar tool: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...nloads/procmon

When you run that and try to start NinjaTrader you will get this Themida / oreans error. Its my understanding that the third party component we use for the NinjaScript editor they utilize this technology for copy protection/security of their code. We need to figure out why that is causing exception on NT start. I'm only aware of the one known case where I hit it myself with process monitor running.

Comment

Hi,

Thanks, I did a:
            SFC /SCANNOW

It found a corrupt file/configuration and I restarted windows so now it is working! Hopefully this helps others that bump into this problem. I tried cleaning my system with registry cleaning tools and disabling some high CPU services and this was the result.

Thank you!

Comment

I had the same issue after installing this soft: https://www.telerik.com/download/fiddler
              Removing this soft fixed issue.
              fx.practic
              NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - fx.practic

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Brett View Post
                I've hit this one in the past when I used Process Monitor or a similar tool: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/sys...nloads/procmon

When you run that and try to start NinjaTrader you will get this Themida / oreans error. Its my understanding that the third party component we use for the NinjaScript editor they utilize this technology for copy protection/security of their code. We need to figure out why that is causing exception on NT start. I'm only aware of the one known case where I hit it myself with process monitor running.

First, a happy new year to you guys!

Hi Brett,

is there any news here?
                I have the same problem if I run win sysinternals procmon, Ninjatrader isn't longer executable then.
                (An internal exception occured(Address: 0xbdaac36b)
                So far I reinstalled NT, is there a better way to fix it?

Thanks and Regards
                Last edited by tulx2305; 01-01-2019, 12:11 PM.

Comment

No update, I simply consider the two applications incompatible. You have to restart your machine and NOT run procmon to be able to run NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Gerik
                  by Gerik

Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes