Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Failed to restore Indicator 'Unknown'.

Hello Support

When we get this error message: "Failed to restore Indicator 'Unknown'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there."

but all our indicators do load on the charts, how do we know what indicator the error is referring to?

Appreciate your help

Originally posted by TraderYoda View Post
    Hello Support

When we get this error message: "Failed to restore Indicator 'Unknown'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there."

but all our indicators do load on the charts, how do we know what indicator the error is referring to?

Appreciate your help
    Hello Support

In conjunction with the previous error, I'm also receiving the following error:
    "Indicator '': Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method on bar 526: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

Comment

Hello TraderYoda,

With the error:
      "Failed to restore Indicator 'Unknown'. Most likely (a) the implementation changed or (b) one or more properties have been renamed or removed or (c) the custom assembly which implements this Indicator no longer is there."

This occurs if there was an indicator that was saved in the workspace and then the indicator was removed from NinjaTrader. This means it cannot load with the workspace.

If you re-save the workspace does the error still occur?

With the error:
      "Error on calling 'OnBarUpdate' method on bar 526: Object reference not set to an instance of an object."

This occurs if a variable with a null value is used.
      Is this is a script you have programmed?
      For all null-able type variables are you checking that the variable is not null before using this?
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi ChelseaB

Thanks for the reply. I have renamed and saved the Workspace. I will monitor to see if it stops the error.

As for the 2nd error, unfortunately I don't understand code so I don't understand what you are saying? I can tell you that I'm using custom coded moving averages and other vendor indicators. Could the problem be caused from not enough data being loaded on the charts or market analyzer?

Appreciate your help

Comment

Hello TraderYoda,

This is a programming error that occurs when a null object is used.

If this is not a script you have written please contact the vendor or author of the script and report the error so that the author can correct the code.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Problem solved

Hi all, I've fixed this problem just by reinstalling NT8 and creating again the Workspace.

Comment

for other people searching for this error, if you load the script on your chart, and then try to save the workspace, and you get the error in Control Center "... error reflecting type ..."
              read this post about trying to use a series as public vs using a property as public which accesses and exposes a private series.
              I have a custom indicator I created that plots correctly as follows: Q01A.png To save charting space and to reduce the cluster in my charts, I have combined

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by funk10101, Today, 09:43 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post funk10101  
              Started by pkefal, 04-11-2024, 07:39 AM
              11 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post jeronymite