Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Scale chart less than 100%. Zoom out look?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scale chart less than 100%. Zoom out look?

On the left side is how my chart looks on my monitor. https://i.imgur.com/uH95FDx.png
    On the right side is after I took a screenshot and zoomed out. I want my chart to look like this on the app itself.
    Is there a way to view ninjatrader charts at less than 100%? I want to scale it to 75% or even 50%.
    My monitor is 1440p. I have a 2160p laptop and Ninjatrader 8 looks great. On my big monitor everything is too big.

Basically I know my monitor could possibly show the chart the way I want it since I can see in in the png file the way I want to see it on the app. It's just can the app let me?
    Please help.

Also just a sidenote, I know about the x-axis mouse click slide. That doesn't solve my problem. Neither does Alt Up/Down Ctrl Up/Down for the candle width/spacing. I need some functionality to just zoom out the entire chart such as pressing Ctrl + Minus sign and Ctrl + Plus sign in chrome does to a website.
    Last edited by JustinCross; 07-19-2019, 02:29 PM.

Hello JustinCross,

Thanks for your note.

First, you should make sure that the chart isn't zoomed in by clicking the magnifying glass icon at the top of the chart with a "-", and then resize the chart window if needed. From there you may click and drag along the X axis and Y axis to compress the bars to the size that you want. An alternate way to do this would be to use the hotkeys Ctrl + upArrow and Ctrl + downArrow to decrease or increase bar spacing, and right-click on the Y axis and go to Properties to set a specific price range to be displayed in the chart. Below I have provided links with more information:

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Tyler M.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Tyler,

Sadly none of those things work good for me, I even mentioned it on my first post at the bottom. It just messes up the candles and my indicators and such don't look right, they get swished together and stuff.

I just know it is definitely not 100% a limitation on this monitor to get the look I want since i can see it exactly almost perfectly as I see on my 2160p laptop when I look at the png zoomed out. It seems that getting that look isn't possible through windows or the app itself. I'm gonna keep searching though. I'm wondering if there is any sandbox app I can run the app in where it allows me to zoom out

Comment

Thanks for clarifying, I didn't see your edit initially. Increasing the range of both the X and Y scale has precisely the effect of 'zooming out' the chart, so it sounds like it may just be that the lower resolution monitor isn't showing as much detail as you'd like. If doing this is negatively affecting the appearance of indicators, you can also try right-clicking the chart and selecting 'Reload all historical data' to see if that helps. You can also increase or decrease the bar using alt +upArrow and Alt + downArrow.

Comment

Hi Tyler,

One more thing. Sharing one more image at: https://i.imgur.com/pA6nwMA.png

I prefer the bottom image to the top image. You can see one this one indicator I am showing right now the true difference.

Top is what I really see, bottom is from the png zoomed out from the picture in my first post

Anything can fix that you know of besides a 2160p monitor?

Like the moving averages are only set to 1 pixel but on the top look bigger than the bottom.
          One thing that helped a little bit is I changed my wick to dark gray just now instead of white.

But I hope you can see what I'm talking about atleast. I can see the chart almost exactly the way I want in the bottom half image. The top half everything is too big even when I have it all set to 1 pixel. I guess it's caused by this monitor

EDIT: I just made a few more changes to make things somewhat improved. Not 100% perfect but closer than it was before.
          Last edited by JustinCross; 07-19-2019, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Hello JustinCross,

The difference between the top and bottom images definitely appear to be due to the lower resolution of the monitor shown on top. A line with a single pixel width will always appear thicker on a lower-resolution monitor compared to one with a higher resolution.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post XXtrader  
            Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes