Wrong price on a chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong price on a chart

Hi, could you please explain why CL Sep 19 non back adjusted chart showing incorrect prices. I created a Daily chart using 1440 minutes, so Daily candle's CLOSING PRICE is the last price of the day instead of SETTLEMENT price. 19.07.2019 candle is showing openining price of 56.27 and high of the day 56.38. I have another provider and its prices are different and match CME website prices, so prices from few providers match except Ninja/CQG. Other providers show day's open as 55.84 and high 56.49

Hello Venom,

Thank you for your note.

I would like to gather some more information to best assist. What trading hours template have you applied to the chart?

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN CHRIS S 2219124" in the subject line so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
    I look forward to your reply.

Comment

I sent you log and trace. I'm not sure about the template, but if I'm understanding correct, I didnt apply any template and left it as "use instrument settings"
      Is your chart showing different daily candle than mine, on 19.07.2019 Cl sep 19 chart? As I said it is showing open as 56.27 and high as 56.38

Comment

Hello Venom,

Thank you for your post.

I have responded via e-mail on the same thread you provided your log and trace files in.

Please let me know if you are still seeing the same value for the Open and High for the 19th after following the steps outlined in the e-mail.

Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thx Spencer, how can I ensure that this never happens again and why would it show wrong price even if I dont have last update, after all it is still NT8 and not some ancient version?
          And just to make sure, NT's values were incorrect, right? Those other platforms were showing correct prices, is that right?
          Last edited by Venom; 07-22-2019, 10:27 AM.

Comment

Hello Venom,

Thank you for your post.

There were updates for the CQG API Adapter in a later version of NinjaTrader 8 which could have been contributing to the data there you were seeing on your charts.

We always recommend staying up to date with the most current version of NinajTrader to reduce the likeliness of this happening.

When comparing prices between platforms there may be slight discrepancies due to the way data is recorded or reported from specific data feeds and platforms.

And in this case, it could have been due to an outdated API with the version of NinjaTrader you were using.

You may always check the News and Announcements page to see when a new version is released:Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
            Spencer F.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
            5 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by DanielSanMartin, Yesterday, 02:37 PM
            2 responses
            0 likes