Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Question about a mail from NinjaTrader

Hello.

I'm from Argentina. I'm a newbie on investment, overall futures.

I opened a live account in NinjaTrader 8.

I lost money. I have only US$ 400 in my account now.

I received this email from NinjaTrader:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "Due to a margin violation on your account, the Risk Management department has liquidated your position.

Day-trading margin requirements can be as low as $500/contract and may be higher for some markets. Full margin (Initial) is required for all positions 15 minutes prior to the session close or 3:45 PM CT for markets that close later than 4:00 PM CT.

The liquidating value of the account must be greater than the margin requirement during the life of the trade including open profit and loss. It remains the responsibility of the authorized trader to keep the position within the applicable margin limits at all times.

As outlined in our communication following your first violation, your account will be assessed an execution fee of $50 which will be reflected in an upcoming statement.

Please visit our listing of Exchange Overnight Margins for the most current requirements as they change from time to time based on market conditions.

In addition, please visit our Margins Violation Policy to review information regarding future violations. "
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Questions:

What does mean that NinjaTrader liquidated my position? Did they erase all my money from my account?

Now I have US$ 0 instead of US$ 400?

I don't know what "liquidated position" means ...

Will NinjaTrader take from me US$ 50 once or each day?

I'm worried ... I would not like to lose all my US$ 400 ....

Thank you.

Hello Blaster666,

Thanks for writing in and welcome to the Support forum!

The support forum is used to address technical issues/questions with the platform, not for brokerage related items.

For more information about this message sent by the brokerage team, please reach out to the brokerage support team.

You can find the brokerage support team's contact information on our website here:
    https://ninjatrader.com/ContactUs

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
    Alan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

There's a really good blog post about Futures margin on the Ninjatrader blog. It helped me understand Futures margins and the difference between the different types of margin

Trading margins represent a deposit with the broker to protect both the trader and broker against possible losses on an open trade.

It also explains what a "Margin Call" is..... that's what happened to you and what they charged you £50 for.

There's also a blog post here, which explains how to calculate your risk in advance of the trade:
      NinjaTrader is a leading futures broker & trading platform provider with deep discount commissions as low as $.09 per Micro contract. Start your FREE demo powered by live data.

I found these very helpful when I was new to Futures trading.

Incidentally I wouldn't even try to trade futures with $400. The only instrument you have enough margin for now are the Micro FX instruments:
      The NinjaTrader risk team evaluates market conditions in real-time and reserves the right to adjust intraday margins in accordance with market volatility.

I'd suggest you pull your funds and look into Forex or CFDs you have a lot more control over your position sizes and risk

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post techgetgame  
      Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post sephichapdson