Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Risk Management feature

Hi,
    Is there a Risk Management feature available in NT8? IF NOT, are there any plan to get one in, in the near future? are there any tools, addons, indicators that provide this feature?

By Risk Management, I mean have a $ figure(as a $ figure OR percentage of the account) that is set in the tool and then the tool closes ALL positions to adhere to that figure.

something like this..
    Sierra Chart is a professional Trading platform for the financial markets. Supporting Manual, Automated and Simulated Trading.

I think, this will be a very welcome feature!

Thanks,
    Last edited by SuperDriveGuy; 04-06-2018, 05:49 AM. Reason: added link

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. While some risk items can be setup via Tools > Risk, these items do not function in the manner you describe. You can contact your broker directly regarding possible account-side loss limits, however.

I will forward your suggestion to our development team for future consideration.

We look forward to assisting further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDriveGuy View Post
      Hi,
      Is there a Risk Management feature available in NT8? IF NOT, are there any plan to get one in, in the near future? are there any tools, addons, indicators that provide this feature?

By Risk Management, I mean have a $ figure(as a $ figure OR percentage of the account) that is set in the tool and then the tool closes ALL positions to adhere to that figure.

something like this..
      Sierra Chart is a professional Trading platform for the financial markets. Supporting Manual, Automated and Simulated Trading.

I think, this will be a very welcome feature!

Thanks,

Thanks for your response.

I looked at the Tools -> Risk feature, it might meet some of my requirements!

Is this available for LIVE accounts or only for DEMO ones? reading up on the notes https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ding_risks.htm suggests, it might be DEMO only.

Thanks

Comment

I also tried it, but it did not work, I might be doing something wrong OR it might be for DEMO(SIMULATION) accounts only.

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

Glad to hear the risk items may be used! To apply a risk template to a live account:

Navigate to the Accounts tab of the Control Center
          Right click on the Account you would like to apply the commissions to, and select 'Edit Account'
          In the 'Risk ' drop-down menu, select the new or edited Risk template.
          Click OK

Please feel free to write in with any additional NinjaTrader items we may assist with.

Comment

Hi Eric,
            I tried navigating as you instructed, but I cannot see a "risk" dropdown, only a "general" one. See attached image. In case it relevant, I am using FXCM to trade CFDs.

Thanks
            Attached Files
            Last edited by SuperDriveGuy; 04-06-2018, 08:34 AM. Reason: attached image

Comment

Oh and I checked the SIm account and risk option does appear there..
              Attached Files

Comment

It is not possible to apply a risk template to a live account. This feature is only available currently for simulation accounts.

It is possible to configure your own risk template. Please see the help guide link below for more details:

Comment

Hi Patrick,
                  Thanks for confirming, that this feature is only for SIM accounts. I do have a risk template defined, but as we confirmed, this is NOT usable with a LIVE account.

Any idea if this feature is HIGH enough on your list of pending enhancements? :-)

Thanks,

Comment

The challenge with implementing a risk template for a live account would be that NinjaTrader's local risk settings and your broker's risk settings may be different. In general, NinjaTrader does not have control over anything which could put restrictions on your live account.

With that said, I'll submit your vote for this feature request and edit this message when I receive a tracking number.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                      The challenge with implementing a risk template for a live account would be that NinjaTrader's local risk settings and your broker's risk settings may be different. In general, NinjaTrader does not have control over anything which could put restrictions on your live account.

With that said, I'll submit your vote for this feature request and edit this message when I receive a tracking number.
                      Hi Patrick,
                      Thanks for getting back quickly.

The NT and Broker risk settings WILL be different. The advantage of having NT Local risk settings is the control lies with us, the user and can be fine tuned to our requirements vs the Broker's settings where the risk management aim to protect their downside.

I would not see this as NT having control over my LIVE account, but more of a StopLoss feature applied globally. I already have ATMs, close all etc etc. This should(imho) be a feature that a user chooses to enable, rather than being ON automatically, that way it the user deciding to put the limits on the account. Just my thoughts, NT is already a great tool, getting even better with the OrderFlow additions and this will make it really unstoppable.
                      SierraChart already has something like this...https://www.sierrachart.com/index.ph...Management.php

If it can be helped, I would rather do the charting and trading through NT vs charting in NT and trading via SC(for the risk management).

Thanks for all the quick responses, customer service, is already a good feature of NT.

Regards

Comment

Thanks for the further details and the kind words!

Your vote has been added to SFT-1410.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                          Thanks for the further details and the kind words!

Your vote has been added to SFT-1410.
                          Hi Patrick,
                          Thanks for the update. Not sure how to check how to check the contents of SFT-1410, Hence would like to clarify.

As I see it, there are 2 components to my feature request, based on my discussions with your team

1. Enable the existing Risk Management feature for LIVE accounts(currently works only for SIM accounts)
                          2. Build a comprehensive Risk Management feature based on $ amount or % of account risk control, where ALL positions are closed when a certain $ amount is the running P&L or it is a certain % of the account.

Thanks,

Comment

Risk Management Feature. I would like to expand this beyond just the units and dollars and stops and profit targets. I would love a set of global 'rules' to be expanded out, where Order Entry is not possible if the order violates global rules. Instead of Indicators, Strategies. Another category can be called Rules.

When 'Rules' is implemented on a chart, the Order Entry and DOM is constrained to those rules.

Chris

Comment

Thanks, SuperDriveGuy, we will make sure your notes are forwarded. There is not a public method to track the requests, you may reference this ID in the future regarding this matter for updates. If implemented, this would also list in the NinjaTrader Help Guide release notes (Help > Help > Release Notes).

Thanks, Kubera2024, we will also forward your suggestions as well.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
                              3 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse  
                              Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
                              4 responses
                              0 likes