Clear All

Market Replay doesn't stop at end date

Thread title says it all. What I did:

Start NT8 Version 8.0.18.1 64-bit

Connect to Playback

Chose start and end date

Start Playback, set to Max

See attached pic.

Based on where the time slider is, it seems like the chosen end date isn't actually chosen (I would expect the time slider to be at the far right). I cannot reproduce this symptom. Here are the steps I took:
    • Download ES 09-19 Market Replay data from July 15 through July 23
    • Connect to Playback Connection
    • Set end date to July 19
    • Playback at max speed
    Here is a video of my test:

What's different between what I am doing and what you're doing? Are you able to reproduce the symptom if you follow my exact steps?

Comment

Patrick is your date in the same format as the OP? I've never tried that way.

in mobile, can't view flash video at the moment to see

Comment

sledge you're correct that Cugel 's date format is DDMMYYYY while mine is MMDDYYYY. I'll wait for them to respond before moving forward.

Comment

Patrick,

thanks for the quick reply.

I followed your exact steps. Replay stops at July 19, but shows only a part of that day. When I set the end date to July 22, I see the whole day of July 19, but nothing of July 22. With the end date set to July 23, I see July 22, but only a tiny part of July 23.

Trading hours in "Data Series" is set to <Use instrument settings>.

My windows time zone is set to

(UTC+01:00) Amsterdam, Berlin, Bern, Rom, Stockholm, Wien.

You are correct about my date format. It is DDMMYYYY, as it is custom in Europe.

Another observation: In Replay days without data (weekend) are not skipped but progress with equal speed as normal trading days (without anything happening to the charts, of course).

Comment

Market Replay data is based on eastern US time and then translated to your local time zone. For example, I am 2 hours behind ET in MT, so my chart for July 15 begins at 10PM July 14 (since that is the time locally translated from ET).

In your case, you are +6 hours from ET I believe, so if you downloaded July 15 I would expect that chart to begin at 6AM. You would also need to download the day before to get 12AM-6AM on your charts.

Can you take a screenshot of your available replay data? To do this, do to Tools > Historical Data > Edit > Expand 'Market Replay' > Click on the instrument you're playing back

Comment

Here come the screenshots. CL 03-19 is what I referred to in my first post. Replay runs til April 6 2019, even though there is no data beyond February 15 in this contract.

I added ES 09-19 which I downloaded today and referred to in my second post for good mesure.

Comment

Can you reproduce this 'overplay' symptom in safe mode? So we can further diagnose your system, please start NinjaTrader in Safe Mode.

Safe Mode will prevent NinjaTrader from:
                • Loading workspaces.
                • Connecting on start-up.
                • Loading custom assemblies.
                • Getting instrument updates from the server.
                To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
                • Exit NinjaTrader.
                • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
                • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
                • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
                Without opening any other windows, connect to playback and try to reproduce the original symptom.

Please let me know the results of this test.

Comment

I made some tests.

1. Safe mode

Replay stops at correct end date, chart shows only part of the last day.

2. "Normal" mode

Same as 1) now. I found out that the reason for that is the fact that I downloaded replay data for ES 09-19 yesterday.

3) I deleted the downloaded data for ES.

Now it's again like I described in post #1. Replay runs til April 6 instead of the chosen end date. This is the last date in the YM 06-19 contract that I downloaded replay data for.

4) I deleted the April data for YM 06-19.

Replay runs til March 30 now.

So the conclusion is obvious: replay always runs til the last day in the YM 06-19 contract.

Now we only have to find out why this is so.

Comment

Does your normal workspace have multiple instruments loaded? In other words, do you have an ES, a YM, and an NQ chart open? Can you recreate this in normal mode when you close your typical workspace and load only one chart with only one instrument?

Comment

My normal workspace (on which I did the tests too) has only 1 instrument loaded, CL 03-19. It contains 2 charts, 2 editor windows (both with several tabs), and an output window.

I made the test you proposed: I closed my usual workspace, created a new one, created a fresh new chart for CL 03-19, no indicators or anything. Then I connected to replay, chose start and end date (January 18 to February 15) and let it run. Same result, runs til March 30, the end date in my downloaded replay data for YM 06-19.

Comment

I have not been able to reproduce this symptom. There is something unique to your configuration that we need to discover before we can move forward. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
                        • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
                        • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
                        • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2222004 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

Log and Trace Files sent.

As there is an easy workaround for this problem, I can surely live with this bug. Getting this solved is not of high priority, at least as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

I cannot say for certain what the root cause of what you're experiencing is without further analysis. Right now, I am unable to reproduce what you're reporting, so I was hoping to learn more with your files and more in-depth analysis.

I responded to your email just a few minutes after you wrote in yesterday and have again responded to you today just a few minutes ago. If you haven't received either message, please check your junk/spam folders for messages from PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                            Started by ZenCortexCLICK, Today, 04:58 AM
                            0 responses
                            1 view
                            0 likes
                            Last Post ZenCortexCLICK  
                            Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
                            172 responses
                            0 likes