Questions re loading ^SP500 index data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Questions re loading ^SP500 index data

NT8 is not loading ^SP500 data via connection to IB. IB symbol is defined as SPX, with exchange as CBOE in instrument list. Chart appears to be waiting on IB, interminably.

I have checked TWS status and all market data farms are connected. TWS is able to load the SPX and display in a chart, but the same data is apparently not being made available to NT8 via the API.

Are there any known issues with trying to load this index data (or other data) over the IB API on a weekend?

Also observe that failure to load this data sometimes causes NT8 to hang up on other data requests (that normally work, eg via Kinetick). Only fix seems to be to close NT8 and then relaunch. Is there a way to manually reset a failed attempt to load data?

I'm relatively new to NT8, so maybe I am missing something obvious.

Any suggestions will be appreciated?

Hello jvanelli,

Thank you for your note.

Are you SP Index quotes delayed or real time through IB? You may have to check your data subscriptions with them, or inspect the chart to see mention of delayed quotes.

NinjaTrader will not display delayed quotes through IB.

If your quotes are real time, could you please send an email to platformsupport[at]ninjatrader[dot]com with Attn: Alan P in the Subject line. Also within the email please include a link to this thread, and attach the log and trace files for the day in subject which you can find in My Documents>NinjaTrader8>Log and My Documents>NinjaTrader8/Trace folders.

I look forward to your email.
    Alan P.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

This appears to be a data subscription issue, as you suggest. Looks like I need to add the "CBOE Streaming Market Indexes" from IB. Not yet clear to me why TWS charts of SPX load and appear to update in real time, but that is a separate (non NT8) issue.

Thanks for pointing me to the trace file -- very useful.

Comment

Further resolution

Well it all works as expected this morning, and I am still NOT subscribed to CBOE Streaming Market Indexes. I think this might be another IB "weekend" issue, perhaps related to some changes they made in market data subscription "bundles" last year. But in any case, clearly NOT an NT issue, and of no concern to me so long as it works during trading hours.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Skifree, Today, 03:41 AM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post Skifree
        by Skifree

Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
        0 responses
        1 view