Jump to date

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jump to date

Is it possible to jump to a date and time in an historical chart?

Hello chartish,

Thank you for your post.

Unfortunately, this is not an option in NinjaTrader charts however, you can display the date range on your chart so that you can quickly scroll to the date and time you want. To enable, right mouse click on the chart and select properties, next click to enable "show date range" then click OK. At the top left of the chart window will be the specific begin and end dates/times of the bars displayed on the chart. This option can be applied to any chart. Here is the Chart Properties Help Guide to assist you further.

Please do not hesitate to contact us for any other NinjaTrader inquiries you may have.
    Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

Please consider adding a "Jump to date" function. It is so cumbersome to jump around with the scrollbar when you are looking for exact dates.

Comment

Hello Halmix,

Thank you for your note.

I have submitted your suggestion as a feature request to our development team.

Let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

I may be losing my mind and can't check as not at my trading pc. But I have a feeling in my water that if you hover, or right click or something somewhere around the time axis scrollbar, you get a Go-to or whatever pop-up box to type in, and Bob becometh your Uncle. Stumbledupon it once I think. Or maybe just think I did

Comment

That's correct - the 'go to' feature is relatively new. Here is a link to the help guide section about this feature:

Comment

do we have programatic access to this Goto functionality?

Comment

Hello junkone,

Thank you for your post.

There would not be a supported method to programmatically scroll a chart. However, I have added a vote for you to a current feature request to allow charts to be scrolled or goto a specific time via NinjaScript. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-2331.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
                  Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ShawnB View Post
                    Hello chartish,

To enable, right mouse click on the chart and select properties, next click to enable "show date range" then click OK. At the top left of the chart window will be the specific begin and end dates/times of the bars displayed on the chart.
                    Can the "show date range" text be moved a little lower down the chart? I have a Strategy and Indicator labels that have long names. Thanks.

Comment

Hello binarytech,

Thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately at the current time there's not a way to adjust the location of that.

I have added a vote for you to a current feature request to ensure that NinjaScript names on the chart do not overlap the date range. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-3303.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

The issue I have with this is that unless I have the scroll bars enabled, which wastes screen space, how do I use the Go. To function? Also there should be a HotKey option for this

Comment

Hello BigRol00,

Thank you for your reply.

While there's not a hot key for the Go To function, there is one you can set up to show/hide scrollbars under Tools > Hot Keys > Chart. You could set this up, turn on the scrollbar temporarily, use the Go To function, and then hide the scrollbars again.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                          Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 04:29 PM
                          0 responses
                          0 likes
                          Last Post ScottWalsh  
                          Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
                          2 responses
                          0 likes