reverting to 8.12 get Database needs more current ver error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

reverting to 8.12 get Database needs more current ver error

i run order flow software on one computer that uses tick replay and was having constant crash issues that resolved with the release of vers 8.12

i installed the 8.13.1 update and immediately had the same crash issues again so i uninstalled NT8 via control panel then re-installed v8.12

now i'm getting an error box on startup "Database must be used with a more current version of NinjaTrader"

i can select ignore and the program will start and seems to load data ok but i'ld like to resolve the issue before attempting a live trade....

Renaming \documents\ninjatrader 8\db\ninjatrader.sdf will clear that up.

Comment

thanks sledge,
      should i just put an old on the front of the filename and NT8 will create a new one ?
      then delete the old file after the new one's been created upon the next shutdown ?
      /w

Comment

Hello stafe,

After renaming your database file, the next time you start NinjaTrader a new file will be created with the name NinjaTrader.sdf.

It is not necessary to delete the old database file.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.
        Alan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

thanks for getting back AlanS...
          i had tested that out this a.m. and as i suspected it did re-create the file and i've already deleted the one i renamed...

oh, almost forgot - any idea why the 8v13.1 release would cause the same type of crashes i was experiencing trying to run the order flow software that uses tick replay that seemed quite stable running under 8v12 ?

the crashes in v13 were the same kind of event that i was experiencing before v12
          1st windows logged an application error .NETRuntime listing System AccessViolationException at SharDX.Direc2D1
          then windows logged the Application Errors (2) with faulting module as d2d1.dll

actually that might be different than before - i'll have to go back and look at the screen shots... i don't remember the faulting module clearly...
          Last edited by stafe; 04-08-2018, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Pattontje, Yesterday, 02:10 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Pattontje  
          Started by flybuzz, 04-21-2024, 04:07 PM
          17 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post TradingLoss