Interactive Brokers + Ninja charts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interactive Brokers + Ninja charts

hi Im actually using Interactive Brokers to trade stocks and futures( #ES)
    I would like to use Ninjacharts using the IB data to get my ninja charts in real time.
    Maybe this is necessry or maybe not Idk.
    What would be the cost of using Ninja charts using my IB data?

Hello oucic333,

Thank you for the post.

NinjaTrader is a free platform for advanced charting, market analytics, automated strategy development, backtesting, and trade simulation. The only time we charge for our software is if or when you decide to trade live through one of our supported brokerage providers.

If you haven't already then I would suggest downloading NinjaTrader from the link below and creating a connection to Interactive Brokers.

https://ninjatrader.com/GetStarted

The following link will take you to a page that details the steps required for creating a connection to Interactive Brokers and specific connection configuration information.

http://www.ninjatrader.com/Connectio...tion-Guide.php

When you are ready to trade live with Interactive Brokers then you would want to purchase one of our Lifetime or Leasing options. You can review all of our purchase options at the link below:

https://ninjatrader.com/BuyPlatform

Please let me know if I can provide any further assistance.
    Thomas C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your help

Thanks for your help. I already linked my IB with Ninjatrader. Only problem so far is my charts seem to work fine when I use it on 1minute, 5min etc but when I change to Seconds, Range or Ticks I got nothing.

Comment

Hello,

Thanks for the note.

To clarify, are you having trouble seeing live data coming through, historical data plotting, or both?
        Note that IB does not provided historical tick data, so you would not be able to load historical data for these types of charts. However, live data should appear for these types of charts.
        Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

live data is ok in my charts 5min,10min.30 min etc just when I change to seconds,range or ticks the chart stop working
          thanks for your reply

Comment

Hello,
            Thanks for clarifying.

This would be expected as IB does not supply historical tick data, which is required for range, tick, and second charts.

You can save incoming real time data to your PC to be used as historical data later

To do this go to Tools > Options > Data tab, check the box 'Save chart data as historical' and press OK

Please let us know if you have any other questions.
            Ryan S.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

what about thinkorswim? can I get all I need tick, range etc if I link Ninja with TOS or would be the same as Interactive Brokers?
              Thanks

Comment

Hi oucic333,

Below is a link to the NinjaTrader 8 help guide on Data by provider which shows the supported connection technologies and the types of data these connections support.

Unfortunately, NinjaTrader does not support historical tick data with TD Ameritrade.
                Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks I'll take a look

Comment

Hi oucic333,

I am using NinjaTrader 8 to trade through Interactive Brokers.

As you discovered both historical and real-time data supplied by Interactive Brokers is pretty basic and should not be used because

-> historical tick data is not available
                    -> real-time ticks are snapshot ticks and not containing all price data
                    -> real-time volume is false (you will notice after a chart refresh that replaces real-time with historical volume)

Therefore what you need to do is to subscribe to a professional grade datafeed. Then you would first-connect to the data feed and second-connect to Interactive Brokers. NinjaTrader will then take the price data a from the data feed and execute through Interactive Brokers.

This method is suited for trading futures (central market place) and stocks. For trading FOREX it is not the best option, as your price data would come from a different electronic network (for example FXCM) than will be used for execution (IdealPro).

I use Kinetick in conjunction with IB, but the choice is yours.

Comment

Thanks Harry

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                        Then you would first-connect to the data feed and second-connect to Interactive Brokers. NinjaTrader will then take the price data a from the data feed and execute through Interactive Brokers.
                        This approach will work however, you can set the preferred connection by instrument type so the connect order does not matter.

More information can be found here - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...onnections.htm
                        RayNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Harry View Post
                          Hi oucic333,

I am using NinjaTrader 8 to trade through Interactive Brokers.

As you discovered both historical and real-time data supplied by Interactive Brokers is pretty basic and should not be used because

-> historical tick data is not available
                          -> real-time ticks are snapshot ticks and not containing all price data
                          -> real-time volume is false (you will notice after a chart refresh that replaces real-time with historical volume)

Therefore what you need to do is to subscribe to a professional grade datafeed. Then you would first-connect to the data feed and second-connect to Interactive Brokers. NinjaTrader will then take the price data a from the data feed and execute through Interactive Brokers.

This method is suited for trading futures (central market place) and stocks. For trading FOREX it is not the best option, as your price data would come from a different electronic network (for example FXCM) than will be used for execution (IdealPro).

I use Kinetick in conjunction with IB, but the choice is yours.
                          Interactive Brokers latest releases provide tick bid ask data for time and sales so you can get it to work even with a footprint chart. Just stick to time charts and you will save thousands in data fees (especially if you trade CBOT and bond futures)
                          After adding support for real-time last tick data to the Time & Sales window in TWS release 969, Interactive Brokers adds the functionality to the Multi-Contract mode in Time & Sales.

Comment

Does the Kinetick data feed include all ETF's that the IB data feed offers?

Comment

Hello otislauwaert,

Thank you for the post.

You can view a complete list of the exchanges support by Kinetick at the link below:Most of the US stocks would be on the NASDAQ, NYSE and NYSE MKT for $7/month each.

Please let me know if I may be of additional assistance.
                              Thomas C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post techgetgame  
                              Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
                              0 responses
                              0 likes