Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Annoying Ninjatrader 8 grid column behaviour

Hi,
    I'd like to start this discussion by saying that the Ninjatrader 8 grids are damned annoying. If I resize a column, Ninjatrader tries to be clever and tries to resize all the columns in the grid. And some literally lose their column view and get narrower. It seems to end up as a circular process trying to resize the columns and never getting to the point where I can view all the columns enough to see all the statistics as ones that I have already resized seem to get resized AGAIN when I resize a different column. Its enough to make me want to tear my hair out LOL!

Can this auto-resizing be turned off as I am finding that it is impossible to resize the columns ?
    Can we have standard Excel grid type behaviour where if I double click on a column boundary, it only resizes that column. If particular columns are highlighted and a boundary for one of these columns is double clicked, then Ninjatrader should resize only these columns
    Thank-you,
    iq

Hi,
    Can my vote be added for this feature request please?
    Thank you.
    NT-Roland

Comment

Hello,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. At this time there is not an option to change this column resizing behavior. Sorry for any inconvenience you have encountered with this.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team.

The tracking ID for this request is SFT-913. You may reference this ID in the future regarding this matter. Our Help Guide Release Notes will also list all new changed or additions to NinjaTrader (Help > Help).

Please let me me know if I may be of any further assistance.
      Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for requesting this, iq.
        I've suffered with this for years. I would think this would make NT unusable for some, what good is it if you can't see the information ? Like trading isn't challenging enough, NT provides a Rubics cube like game to set column size ?
        As a work around, I use more screen area, making more column width for this crazy circular process to play with. Also, I add dashes to the column title for sizing, the cell contents aren't always at the maximum size possible when sizing.

Big Tex, NT Lifer with torn out hair.

Comment

Couldnt agree more!!! .... It is ridiculous ... I spend tons of time trying to resize the columns ... you need a dedicated screen and then not touch the window or leave at the same size ... but if you add columns or edit them it all starts again ... almost unusable ...

Comment

Add me to the list that thinks this is incredibly annoying.

Comment

plus one please - could never be bothered to write it up, so thanks #OP

Comment

Hello everyone,

Thank you for your reply.

I have added votes for you for SFT-913. You may reference this ID in the future regarding this matter. Our Help Guide Release Notes will also list all new changed or additions to NinjaTrader (Help > Help).

Please let me me know if I may be of any further assistance.
                Heath R.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by PaulMohn, Today, 12:36 PM
                1 response
                0 likes
                Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
                Started by yertle, Yesterday, 08:38 AM
                8 responses
                0 likes