Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price feed = Connection lost issue

Hi,

Over the last few days I have had numerous disconnection issues. Basically I would see all the prices and volumes on the DOM just disappear, and my strategy would stop working and disconnect. I am trading off of a respectable VPS so it is not a home internet issue. I am unsure if it is related to the datafeed (I use continuum), the software, or some issue on the VPS.

The key messages I am receiving are as follows:

• NinjaTrader Continuum (Live). Primary connection = connected. Price feed = Connection lost.
    • lost price connection for more than 10 seconds and will be restarted.
    • lost price connection more than 4 times in the past 5 minutes and will be disabled.

I would like to send my log, and trace files over so someone from NT can review and see if they can identify the issue.

Please let me know how to tag this on an email so that someone can review this.

Thanks,

Ian

Data Feed

Hello,

Yes, lost my data feed at 9:30 am est. today.

Had to keep restarting, finally caught-up and seemed like it was working...

This is the first data feed loss this year..

Using Ninja Continuum with fios 150mbps

Comment

greg500,

Thanks for letting me know that at least 1 other user had a similar issue today. This might be an issue with CQG / Continuum in this case then. Here are the relevant messages in my trace file. (If you do a search for "ConnectionLost" you can find the same in yours. I'll bet we are hitting the same issue then.

I'd still like the NT guys to look at this to confirm though.

Trace log details:

2018-04-10 10:13:33:856 (NinjaTrader Continuum (Live)) CQG.Adapter.OnConnectionQualityChanged: serviceName='SecBuf' quality='Unavailable' host='cqginnyc009i.cqgnet.com'
      2018-04-10 10:13:33:856 (NinjaTrader Continuum (Live)) CQG.Adapter.OnConnectionQualityChanged4
      2018-04-10 10:13:33:856 (NinjaTrader Continuum (Live)) CQG.Adapter.ConnectionStatusHandler: dataStatus='Connected' priceStatus='ConnectionLost' error='NoError' nativeError='' forced=False
      2018-04-10 10:13:33:856 (NinjaTrader Continuum (Live)) Cbi.Connection.ConnectionStatusCallback: status=Connected priceStatus=ConnectionLost previousStatus=Connected previousPriceStatus=Connected errorCode=NoError nativeError=''
      2018-04-10 10:13:33:856 (NinjaTrader Continuum (Live)) NinjaTrader.Gui.ControlCenter.OnConnectionStatus: Provider18 status=Connected priceStatus=ConnectionLost previousStatus=Connected previousPriceStatus=Connected errorCode=NoError nativeError=''
      2018-04-10 10:13:33:856 (NinjaTrader Continuum (Live)) NinjaTrader.Gui.ControlCenter.OnConnectionStatus.D ispatcherInvoke: Provider18 status=Connected priceStatus=ConnectionLost previousStatus=Connected previousPriceStatus=Connected errorCode=NoError nativeError=''
      2018-04-10 10:13:33:856 (NinjaTrader Continuum (Live)) Gui.ControlCenter.OnConnectionStatus.Adding: provider=Provider18 status=Connected priceStatus=ConnectionLost
      2018-04-10 10:13:33:856 NinjaTrader.Gui.ControlCenter.OnConnectionStatus: foundPriceLoss=True foundTradeLoss=False foundConnectingStatus=False foundConnected=True
      2018-04-10 10:13:33:856 NinjaTrader.Gui.ControlCenter.OnConnectionStatus: Status=ConnectionLost

Comment

Users have reported connectivity issues to CQG and our servers the last two mornings.

We have not received any notice from CQG of server issues, There are/were no issues with our servers, and it also has not affected all CQG-based users. Therefore, the remaining variables are
        • Local networking issues
        • An issue in the path between your PC and those servers.
        • Platform issues

Since the issue is intermittent and no longer occurring, it is unlikely that we could 'catch' the problem, but there are some steps you can take to try and mitigate these issues from occurring moving forward:

(iantg, I understanding you're using a VPS, so some of these steps wouldn't be possible. I would make sure to contact your VPS service and see how many of these you can perform)
        • Restart NinjaTrader
        • Restart your modem and (if applicable) router
        • Restart your PC
        • Clear your DNS - Open the Command Prompt and run this command: ipconfig /flushdns
        • If you are not already and the option is available to you, connect to the internet using an ethernet cable. Wireless connections are significantly more unreliable.
        • Ensure exceptions have been added into any firewall/antivirus/backup programs for the (My) Documents/NinjaTrader 7 folder.
        • If the above steps do not help, contact your ISP and let them know you are experiencing a highly unstable connection. An issue of connectivity may exist on their end.

I encourage all users to contact us via email at PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com if they experience these symtpoms and the above steps do not resolve the issue.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Waxavi
        by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes