ERROR: Chart rendering to a software bitmap failed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ERROR: Chart rendering to a software bitmap failed

Please help me with a frustrating error. NT8 32 bit crashes with the following error:

2018-04-10 08:36:43:531 ERROR: Chart rendering to a software bitmap failed. There is likely a problem with a chart object's render method. D2D error = 'HRESULT: [0x8007000E], Module: [General], ApiCode: [E_OUTOFMEMORY/Out of memory], Message: Not enough storage is available to complete this operation. '

I tried to isolate the problem by starting a new workspace from scratch and adding my indicators one by one, but I still cannot isolate the issue.

This error was generated in NT8 32bit. Previously, I used 64 bit version but I noticed that memory usage would slowly creep up during the day to a very high amount and then become unresponsive so I switched to 32bit version. Now it just crashes with no warning and no indication of high memory usage according to task manager.

Hello battlecattx,

Thanks for the post.

The error you are getting is certainly coming from using the 32bit version of NinjaTrader 8. The 32bit version will only be able to use 2-4GB of memory on a 64 bit Windows OS.

The best way to troubleshoot this would be to start using the 64bit version of NinjaTrader 8 and then use the process of elimination to find the indicator that is causing memory to pile up. Once the indicator is found, you should report it to the creator if they are still actively developing the script because there is a memory leak in their code.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by kaywai, 09-01-2023, 08:44 PM
    5 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason  
    Started by xiinteractive, 04-09-2024, 08:08 AM
    6 responses
    0 likes