Trade system at precision time

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trade system at precision time

Hello, my trade system activates by close of a candle, I need it to be activated by precision time, for instance, if I trade on 30 min bars, it should react precisionly on 1:30:00. How to do this?

Thanks

Hello U0000999,

Thank you for your note.

You could utilize time conditions to control when a strategy takes an action. Here's a link that goes over how to create a time condition using the Strategy Builder:

To clarify, you're wanting trades to trigger at specific times, is that correct?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Now it reacts by close, but it makes distortion, if I trade on a 30 min interval, system should react at 1:30:00, or at 00:00:00, when 30 min period ends.

Comment

Hello U0000999,

Thank you for your reply.

Strategies can be set to calculate On Bar Close, On Price Change, or On Each Tick. Which of these are you using for your strategy? If you are using 30 minute bars, for example, and have your strategy to calculate On Bar Close, at the very end of each 30 minute bar it will process and if there is an entry signal, it would then place the order at the start of the next bar. Is this the behavior you're looking for?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

I'm looking the way to execute orders at the last tick of a 30 min bar, that's why I need to set precision time for execution, if I set up execute by close, it will activate on next bar open, next bar open may shift values, next bar open may differ from the value of a close of a candle. Understand?

Comment

I think other way to execute orders in time is to do next thing: execute before 70 milliseconds (for instance) of ending 30 min period.

Comment

Hello U0000999,

Thank you for your replies.

If you are wanting to submit orders just before a bar closes, you could add a 1 second data series to your strategy and submit the order when the time of the BIP 1 bar is a few seconds before the close of the next BIP 0 bar. There wouldn't be a simple way to get, for example, the last tick of a bar. If the bar fully closes and simultaneously a new bar is opened, then the logic of the script is checked and an order is placed, that order would have actually been submitted on the new bar (right when it opened) and thus it appears on the new bar.

Once the tick comes in that decides that bar is closed, that tick has already happened and it would be too late to generate any action before the bar has closed.

Here's a link to our help guide on working with multiple data series:

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Comment

Originally posted by U0000999 View Post
                I think other way to execute orders in time is to do next thing: execute before 70 milliseconds (for instance) of ending 30 min period.
                You seem to be insisting that you want a timing event to place your order, rather than a direct market event. In that case, use a Timer, and place your order at the time that you want.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post lorem
                by lorem

Started by hazylizard, Today, 08:38 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes