Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error on requesting bars series

Hi, I'm getting a.
    "Error on requesting bars series." An exception during the operation making the result invalid. Check InnerException for exception details.

I am using a multibroker nt8
    What occurs is I am not getting forex charts, I have a forex.com account
    But I do get futures charts when I connect to my rithmic futures connection,I even get tick replay.

We'll likely need you to write in via email so we can take a look at the "Check InnerException for exception details.", however, I can get some basic information from you on the forums.

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)

Please clarify - this occurs when connected to Forex.com only?

What historical data server are you using? To check, go to the Control Center > Connections > Select your configured Forex.com connect > Is 'NinjaTrader historical data server' enabled or disabled?

Comment

8.0.13.1 64-bit (Multi-Broker)

Only occurs with Forex charts and forex.com only

"What historical data server are you using? To check, go to the Control Center > Connections > Select your configured Forex.com connect"
      Unknown... I don't understand. I went to ControlCenter>Connections>Select, but I don't see where or what says historical data server

If I go
      ControlCenter>Connections>Select
      Properties>Settings>
      NinjatraderHistoricalDataServer
      it has a box to check and uncheck
      I tried both and same error

'NinjaTrader historical data server' enabled or disabled?
      I tried both, it still shows same error
      Last edited by peregrine; 04-11-2018, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
        • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
        • Ensure 'Log and Trace Files' is checked (This is checked by default.)
        • Please also include a link to this forum post and "1884261 ATTN Patrick G" before sending the files.

Comment

It seems to work properly now.
          Maybe it was the enable ninjatrader historical data box. Though I did try it both checked and unchecked.

Thank you for all you do. My problem seems to be resolved.

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
          Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
          • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
          • Ensure 'Log and Trace Files' is checked (This is checked by default.)
          • Please also include a link to this forum post and "1884261 ATTN Patrick G" before sending the files.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
            We'll likely need you to write in via email so we can take a look at the "Check InnerException for exception details.", however, I can get some basic information from you on the forums.

What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.X.0)

Please clarify - this occurs when connected to Forex.com only?

What historical data server are you using? To check, go to the Control Center > Connections > Select your configured Forex.com connect > Is 'NinjaTrader historical data server' enabled or disabled?
            Help
            what do you suggest?
            It is happening again.
            My pc had crashed so I have loaded nt8 13.1 onto a new pc and I am getting the Error on reqesting bars series: "An exception occurred during the operation, making the result invalid. Check innerExxception for exception details.

Comment

If changing the historical data server within the Forex.com connection does not resolve, please follow my previous instructions to write an email for support.

Here are the steps to adjust the historical data settings of your Forex.com connection:
              • Disconnect from your data feeds
              • Control Center > Connections > Configure
              • Select your Forex.com connection from the 'Configured' list
              • Within the connection settings to the right, enable "NinjaTrader historical data server" > OK
              • Reconnect and test

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by FAQtrader, Today, 03:35 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post FAQtrader  
              Started by rocketman7, Today, 09:41 AM
              5 responses
              0 likes