Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Unable to load custom assembly

Hi all,
    After installing 8.0.18.1 (the latest), I receive the attached Error messages on the first run after installation. Can anyone let me know how to find out, step-by-step, which Add-On caused the problem? I have already tried to clean the cache, Repair the program through installer. Somehow the issue persists...
    Thanks in advance!
    Attached Files

Hello timko, thanks for your note.

If you are unable to open NinjaTrader due to this, navigate to Documents\NinjaTrader 8\workspaces and delete the file named _Workspaces.xml, then try opening NinjaTrader.

If NinjaTrader is able to run I will provide more details on finding the issue. Please confirm if you are able to launch NinjaTrader or not.

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chris,
      thanks for your prompt reply.
      As a matter of fact, NT loads okay after clicking the "OK" button on those messages. Somehow, performance is sluggish and it takes a very long time to complete some indicator calculations. Ninjatrader sometimes hangs and I need to kill the service brutally. Now I just want to find out which is the rouge indicator or add on that caused the messages.

Comment

Hello timko, thanks for your reply.

Please first try opening up a NinjaScript editor (New > NinjaScript editor) then right click> Compile, are you compiling OK or are there compilation errors?

If no compilation errors, please try re-generating your NinjaTrader.Custom.dll and NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll files. Steps to do this are below.
        1. Close out of NinjaTrader
        2. Navigate to Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom
        3. Delete the files named "NinjaTrader.Custom.dll" and "NinjaTrader.Vendor.dll"
        4. Open up NinjaTrader, open a NinjaScript editor and compile.
        If none of these resolve the issue, please send me your log and trace files, you can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support. Please reference the following in the body of the email: "Attn ChrisL 2228832 <paste this thread link here>"

I look forward to hearing of your results.
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hey timko, I'm having a similar issue. Did you find a resolution that works?

Comment

wadams sorry, that was long time ago. somehow, i bet it could be solved by reinstalling everything... yeah, this is also the model answer from official support after some time-wasting exchange of log files and screenshots.... btw, why you still use 8.0.18.1? move on!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post PaulMohn  
            Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Jason