X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ninjascript Utilization Monitor

Hello,

today NT was frozen. When I watch the NinjaScript Utilization Monitor I see
    * that volumetric charts need a lot of ressources. There appears "ChartStyle" volumetric and "BarsType" 3 Range Volmetric. I have not yet enabled a scriptstrat using volumetric. What is "ChartStyle" and "BarsType" referring to please?
    * "Candlestick" shows the very high number of all. Why would "normal" candelstick need so much ressources?
    * I have an indicator using a dot-line which shows 29.000 and same indicator with other time and a dash-line which shows 4.200. Is this difference possible from plot style dot and dash?
    * and I have "BarsType" "1 Tick" showing also a very high number. But I dont have a chart with 1 Tick running.
    * are there instruments that need more pc-ressouces than others?

Thank you!
    Tony
    Last edited by tonynt; 08-01-2019, 08:00 AM. Reason: add question

Hello Tony,

A ChartStyle is the script that renders the appearance of bars on the chart (for example Candlestick or Line on close). This is selected in the Data Series window in the Chart style section.

A BarsTyle script calculated the open high low and close for the bar (for example Minute, or Range). This is the Type drop-down selected in the Data Series window in the Data series section.

ChartStyles are responsible for rendering the bars on the chart. Every render pass these must render.

The Plot Style will not change the value of a plot. However, different renderings will take different amounts of time to render.

Any bars type that uses tick data will show as Bars type 1 Tick (Range, Renko, Line break, etc). Any bars type that uses minute data will show as Bars type 1 Minute.

Yes, instruments with more ticks (usually due to higher volume) will need more processing when using a tick based bar (or running a script with Calculate set to .OnPriceChange or .OnEachTick).
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
    16 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Leafcutter  
    Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes