Export trades

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Export trades

Hello, how can I export my trades from Ninja for each trade, I need data in format: date/time, quantity, profit loss, trade ID

Thanks

Hello U0000999,

Thank you for your post.

Glad to assist. Any of the Control Center tabs or Trade Performance grids may be exported to Excel. This is done via right click > Export...

This Trade Performance Display > Trades shows these items. You may right click > Select Properties to remove any unneeded columns.

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Eric B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Is it possible to generate reports automatically and save to Excel file at a specific time?

Comment

In general, this would be possible via custom NinjaScript. Here is the relevant help guide section:

Can you elaborate on exactly what you're wanting to accomplish automatically?

Comment

Every hour I need to export previous trades: date/time, Number of trade, contract, profit loss, quantity of contracts

Comment

May be there is some solution, which is already made. That's much better

Comment

Hello U0000999,

Thanks for your reply.

As NinjaTrader_EricB advised, this information is directly available in the New>Trade Performance which can be easily exported to excel. If you are not familiar with the Trade Performance report I would encourage you to take a look at it, especially the "Trades" display. Here is a link to the help guide on Trade Performance: https://ninjatrader.com/support/helpGuides/nt8/en-us/?trade_performance.htm You could manually run the report hourly if you wish or need to. It may also be possible to use an external program, such as Autoit, to run this for you automatically (I am unsure but is an option you can investigate, AutoIt and programs like it will run a sequence of repetitive key strokes).

As NinjaTrader_PatrickG advised you can use the streamwriter function to output the data of interest to a text file that can then be imported into excel as you wish. Here are links to the methods and properties to obtain the information of interest:

If you would like this created for you, we can provide references to 3rd party programmers who can meet your needs.
              Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I know how to export data from the NinjaTrader control centre, but I would like to know if there is some way that I can get the data from previous dates that are no longer visible in the control centre. Can I access historical trade records that are a week, month or more older? Is there a way to filter these out by date range? Keeping track of trades via export is important and I can't find a way of getting this date. Yes, it is in my daily statements but, that is not very useful. I would prefer to get an export in csv or excel format so that I can analyse all my trades.

Comment

Hello Kaiviti57,

Trades are paired together from executions in the NinjaTrader SQL database. NinjaTrader must see the execution in order to log it in the database.

We can access daily executions from Account.Executions, but past executions would need to be fetched from the SQL database, and this would not be something we would support.

You may consult other on the forum for their feedback, but as this is an unsupported/undocumented area of the platform, it is not an area we can offer any assistance.

Some discussion for doing this with NinjaTrader 7 can be found below:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...atabase-access
                  JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi. I have multiple accounts and is it possible to get trade performance and export trade data for each account separately? I cannot find anywhere to pick what account, thanks

Comment

Hello dannyss35,

Thanks for your notes.

You could use the Trade Performance window Filter option to filter which account you want to generate a performance report for.

See this help guide page for more information about the Trade Performance window Filter options: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...gFilterOptions
                      Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post cre8able  
                      Started by Fran888, 02-16-2024, 10:48 AM
                      3 responses
                      0 likes