^DJI quote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^DJI quote

Hello, I was looking for ^DJI quote and was not able to find it. Tried different searches and the closest thing that popped up was DJIA. But even having selected this instrument I was not able to see the data/chart/ Can you please recommend how can I get the quotes (OHLC + volume) for the ^DJI instrument. It is very important to me to ensure that have this data stream before I switch from TradeStation to NT. Thank you.
    Attached Files

Hello syatskevitch,

I'm not familiar with the index DJI.

However, the DJIA is the Dow Jones Industrial Average.

What is the description of the instrument you are looking for?

CQG/Continuum and Kinetick/IQFeed subscription feeds both have data for the ^DJIA index.

Who are you connecting to for data?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chelsea. Thank you for your response. I would be happy if DJIA is the same as ^DJI (as I see it on my TradeStation), but the whole point is, as I mentioned before, even though I found the ticker in the NT list of instruments, I could not get the data, as you may see form the screenshots, which are empty. At the same time the data for YM (E-mini Dow) are coming nice and smoothly. I am currently running My NinjaTrader Continuum as I am evaluating your platform before making switch from TS. Would appreciate your help in getting DJIA data, even for a day or two. Thank you.

Comment

Hello syatskevitch,

Are you connecting to a funded brokerage account with NinjaTrader Continuum or a 14-day demo?

Are you unable to load historical data or are you not able to stream real-time data?

May I have a screenshot of the chart?

Comment

Hello Chelsea,

1. As I do not have a funded account (yet) I am probably connected to a Continuum demo account, which is quite precise as I compare its live data with the TS live data for YM.
          2. With NT currently I cannot stream DJIA live data (as I am not quite interested in historic data).
          3. I am attaching the screenshot you requested.

Thank you.
          Attached Files

Comment

Hello syatskevitch,

Thanks for the screenshot.

The screenshot shows the carot "^" is missing. This means nt is trying to load this symbol as an equity and not as an index.

Try loading ^DJIA with the ^ carot preceding the symbol.

Comment

Hello Chelsea, Thank you for your suggestion. The carrot works fine. I simply omitted it yesterday as I did not see ^DJIA in the NT list, only DJIA (no carrot). Thank you again. At the same time I have to say that now I am experiencing a different kind of issue. Here is how it unfolds:
              1. Launch NT works fine I see all elements of my workspace, including the chart.(screenshot #1, time = 15:37)
              2. I connect to the data feed, and the moment the data start flowing both charts start displaying data (Screenshot #2; time = 15:42).
              3. Right after that the ^DJIA data feed stops, while YM data continue flowing (Screenshot #3; time = 15:44).
              To summarize: upon connecting the ^DJIA gets the data up to the moment of connection and then stops receiving data.
              Can you please help with this issue. Thank you. Sergey.
              Attached Files

Comment

Hello syatskevitch,

I've checked with the brokerage team and they have let me know that this instrument ^DJIA is not provided with real-time data with the demo accounts.

It would require a funded brokerage account with a subscription to Dow Jones & Key Indices.

Or you would need to subscribe to a data feed such as Kinetick.

Comment

Knowing demo accounts do not receive ^DJIA streaming data, is it possible to reload historical data for the ^DJIA from a strategy every bar change? How is it done?

Comment

Hello rperez,

It is possible to call ReloadAllHistoricalData().

Below is a public link to the help guide.

But the bar wouldn't change if no data is coming in. You might think about using a C# timer.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post algospoke  
                    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                    3 responses
                    0 likes