Volume Indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Volume Indicator

Hi. Is there a way with NT stock indicators to show the separate up volume and down volume for each bar. The stock "Volume up down" indicator seems to aggregate all volume for a bar into up volume if the close of the bar is higher than the open and vice versa. I need to see the separate up volume and down volume for each bar. If this cant be done with stock indicators are there any custom indicators which would do this? Thx

Hello,
    Thanks for your post.
    You may be interested in the Buy sell volume indicator, which does come with the platform. It plots a single bar for volume but colors it red/green based on buys or sells. If you then use the data box to read the bars for this indicator, it will tell you the number of buys and sells.
    Please let me know if this one works for you.
    Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you. I need something that will work with not only the current and ongoing bars but historical bars as well. Any custom indicators you know of that would get close to that would be appreciated. Thx

Comment

Hello,
        Thank you for the note.
        The only indicators I am able to find on the Ecosystem that relay this volume information also rely on real-time data.
        One option to view historical Buy/Sell Volume bars is to enable tick replay if you are using a data provider that supports it.
        To enable tick replay, first go to Tools->Options from the Control Center.
        Next, under "Market data," check the box next to "Show Tick Replay" and click OK.
        In your chart, right click and select "Data Series." Check the Tick Replay box and click OK.
        Now the chart will read historical tick data to offer you more data for your Buy/Sell Volume Indicator.
        Please let us know if we may be of any further assistance.
        Melissa J.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by Bidder View Post
          Thank you. I need something that will work with not only the current and ongoing bars but historical bars as well. Any custom indicators you know of that would get close to that would be appreciated. Thx
          This indicator may be of interest. Ask Integrity traders about a version for NT8. Many options available on this study.
          Works with tick replay.

https://www.integrity-traders.com/in..._category_id/5

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by sidlercom80, 10-28-2023, 08:49 AM
          168 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post sidlercom80  
          Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
          3 responses