Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator as input series

Hi, I have this same problem

When I apply the bollingerbands to the GOMCD indicator everything works perfect, but when I try to use donchian channels instead of bollinger it uses the main data series. The same problem happens with Kelner channels. How can I solve that? Thank you

Hello rocker84,

Thank you for your note.

To clarify, are you trying to use the donchian channels as an input for the GOMCD indicator, or is it the other way around? What is the behavior you're expecting?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Kate View Post
      Hello rocker84,

Thank you for your note.

To clarify, are you trying to use the donchian channels as an input for the GOMCD indicator, or is it the other way around? What is the behavior you're expecting?

no, gomcd histogram as an input for donchian channels, it plots channels arround 2900 ($ES price). With bollinger band it works, well. In the link above it shows the same problem, donchian use price instead of macd.
      I want to know when a gomcd bar crosses donchian channel (up/down)
      Last edited by rocker84; 08-02-2019, 11:27 AM.

Comment

Hello rocker84,

Thank you for your reply.

Could you provide screenshots of your current setup with the Bollinger band that is working? Please take screenshots of both the configuration for the indicator in the Indicators screen and your chart with this applied.

Please also provide screenshots of the setup you are trying with the Donchian Channel and the chart once that is applied.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and attach the file to your reply.

Click here for detailed instruction

Comment

Hello rocker84,

Could you provide screenshots of your current setup with the Bollinger band that is working? Please take screenshots of both the configuration for the indicator in the Indicators screen and your chart with this applied.

Please also provide screenshots of the setup you are trying with the Donchian Channel and the chart once that is applied.

To send a screenshot with Windows 7 or newer I would recommend using the Windows Snipping Tool.

Click here for instructions

Alternatively to send a screenshot press Alt + PRINT SCREEN to take a screenshot of the selected window. Then go to Start--> Accessories--> Paint, and press CTRL + V to paste the image. Lastly, save as a jpeg file and attach the file to your reply.

Click here for detailed instruction

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Last edited by rocker84; 08-02-2019, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Hello rocker84,

I've attached a version of this indicator that has been modified to correctly allow you to use an indicator as its input.

Here is a basic guideline of how to Import NinjaScripts.

To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import
            1. Download the NinjaScript to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
            2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add On
            3. Select the downloaded .zip file
            4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
            • Right click your chart > indicators > Select the Indicator from the list on the left > New > OK
            Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello rocker84,

I've attached a version of this indicator that has been modified to correctly allow you to use an indicator as its input.

Here is a basic guideline of how to Import NinjaScripts.

To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import
              1. Download the NinjaScript to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
              2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add On
              3. Select the downloaded .zip file
              4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
              • Right click your chart > indicators > Select the Indicator from the list on the left > New > OK
              Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.
              thanks a lot!!!!! u are a genius!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by elirion, Today, 09:32 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post elirion
              by elirion

Started by cre8able, Today, 09:15 PM
              1 response