Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jump in time fdax 2019 extended trading hours

Hi,

We're using NT 8.0.18.1 64-bit. Viewing FDAX in minute chart, date range Jan 1 2019 to Aug 2 2019. Using Eurex Equity Index Futures Extended.

There seems to be a jump in some dates from 15:00 to 19:15 (local time). And when it enters weekend it jumps 15:00 to 00:00 (local time).

Attached screenshots for proper open/close, weekday jump and weekend jump.

Reference correct open/close:

Click image for larger version  Name:	close-open.JPG Views:	1 Size:	109.8 KB ID:	1065997

Weird jump:

Click image for larger version  Name:	jump-a.png Views:	1 Size:	50.5 KB ID:	1065995

Weird jump:

Click image for larger version  Name:	jump-b.png Views:	1 Size:	50.8 KB ID:	1065996

Weird jump:

Click image for larger version  Name:	jump-weekend-b.png Views:	1 Size:	52.0 KB ID:	1065998

Weird jump:

Click image for larger version  Name:	jump-weekend-a.png Views:	1 Size:	52.3 KB ID:	1065999
    Last edited by cmarkb; 08-03-2019, 09:33 PM.

Hello cmarkb,

Thank you for your note.

Who is your data provider? Could you provide a screenshot of your data series settings for this chart?

Also, what time zone are you in? I'm not sure what your local time equates to.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Kate,

Thanks for reply.

Data provider is IQFeed.

I'm in PST. Data Provider is EDT/EST.

Data Series settings:
      Click image for larger version  Name:	data-series.JPG Views:	1 Size:	62.5 KB ID:	1066013

Comment

Hello cmarkb,

Thank you for your reply.

This looks to be correct for that trading hours template. The FDAX Extended hours has trading halts between 10 PM CET and 1:15 AM CET when it's not summer. In summer, this time zone is on CEST (Central European Summer Time) and has trading halts between 10 PM CEST and 2:15 AM CEST. It then closes for the weekend at 10 PM CEST and resumes the following Monday.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Comment

Thanks Kate.

I'm confused though because 10PM CET is 5AM PST and 10PM CEST is 4AM PST. So there shouldn't be a break in 15:05 (3:05PM) PST which is 9AM CEST in June 4, 2019.

Click image for larger version  Name:	timezone-ref.JPG Views:	1 Size:	54.9 KB ID:	1066052
          Last edited by cmarkb; 08-02-2019, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Hi Kate,

Looks like I forgot to label those screenshot but the first one is for reference that it is opening and closing fine. It's the other screenshots showing the weird jump in time.

Thanks.
            Last edited by cmarkb; 08-03-2019, 09:35 PM.

Comment

Hello cmarkb,

What time zone is your PC Clock set to? What time zone is NinjaTrader itself set to? I ask because I show an identical chart for that day, however, I am on Mountain Time and this shows as being at 18:16 or 6:16 PM my time, with the break beginning at 14:00 my time, or 2 pm. This aligns correctly with the stated Extended hours for FDAX. If your time zones are set correctly for Pacific time, this should show as being at 17:15 or 5:15 pm your time.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hi Kate,

Thanks. Both PC and NT is set to UTC+8. I think I should've just said UTC+8 or Philippines Time instead of PST despite that being used in worldtimebuddy which is where I based it on. Sorry about that.

Click image for larger version

Name:	clock-and-NT-timezone-setting.JPG
Views:	208
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	1066219

Comment

Hello cmarkb,

That is odd, given that it's showing the correct bars but not timestamping them with the time (or date for that matter) that I would expect them to show on. I'd advise deleting the data you have and reloading it to see if it's timestamped correctly.

Please delete your historical data using the instructions provided at the following page of the NinjaTrader Help Guide:

Removing Historical Data
                  • Once the data has been deleted close NinjaTrader. Open the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\db\cache folder. Select all files then right mouse click and select “delete.”
                  • Open NinjaTrader and connect to your data provider. Open a new chart.

Please let me know if this resolves this item.

Comment

Hi Kate,

That's it. That fixed it. No more jumps in time. Thank you very much Kate.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                    Started by briansaul, Today, 05:31 AM
                    1 response
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse