Indicator alert -> share service

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator alert -> share service

I have some indicators on my chart that are producing alerts. The alerts show up in the Alert Log as expected.

Now I want to connect those alerts to my share service. Specifically, I want to send new alerts to a text message.

How can I accomplish this? Thanks!

You first need to configure an email share service. You would then configure your text message share service. Here is a link which goes over both of these:

Once your share services are configured, you'll be able to choose them as an alert's action:

Comment

I have configured and tested the share service - this works.

These are 3rd party indicators that I do not control. I have not used the Alerts Dialog, they are generating the alerts directly. So, I can not set the alert's action.

Is there no way to simply pipe the Alert Dialog to a Share Service?

Comment

Unfortunately there is no way for us to know what is and isn't possible with custom add-ons. I would recommend speaking with the developer to see what may be possible with their add-ons and alerts/share services.

Comment

I'll pursue that route, but I don't have high hopes that the developer will come through anytime soon. Since the alert data is already in the Alert Log it seems like it would be trivial to add a Share Service in the preferences and forward them along. Can I submit that as a feature request?

Comment

You're asking for NinjaTrader to make a change to a custom indicator to allow for the share service to be an available option? If I'm misunderstanding what you're requesting, could you clarify what change you would like to see in NinjaTrader's (not the custom add-on's) settings?

Comment

Sorry I was not more clear. What I am asking for:

1. The user brings up the Alerts Log, right-clicks, and selects Properties. This brings up a settings dialog with major categories General, Columns, and Window (I can embed a pic but hopefully this is clear). I propose that somewhere in there is a Share Service property - the user can click and select an already-configured Share Service.
              2. As new alerts arrive in the Alert Log, the line of text is forwarded to the selected Share Service.

This does not involve the indicators in any (direct) way, it is just taking the already-existing alerts and connecting them to a Share Service.

From a user perspective I would rather just pick a Share Service and send all alerts to it. The existing Alert dialog that is accessed from the chart is powerful but also complicated, and is overly complex for my use case.

Comment

Thanks for the clarification. I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-4164. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 08-06-2019, 02:33 PM.

Comment

Thank you Patrick, that is great customer service!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by trilliantrader, Today, 03:01 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post trilliantrader  
                  Started by pechtri, 06-22-2023, 02:31 AM
                  9 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB