Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Multiple contract trades are split up into multiple trades on Trade Performance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for your comments, brucerobinson . Very useful.

These flaws truly are a pity. I hope it can improve eventually.

Johnny

Comment

Hi,

Any news on this?

I want to track my profit per contract on a daily basis.

So, today I had a profit of 20 points on 5 contracts.

Ninjatrader splits my 5 contracts into 1 + 4 even though my exit was at the same time. So, the result is that when I'm summing cumulative profits in my Excel, my profit per contract amounts to 40 points per contract. Clearly not correct.

I know this is because what Ninja shows is probably the executed crosses in the orderbook, but I really think there should be a way to be able to 'aggregate' these type of trades. At least when they're entered/exited at the same second.

If any other users have found a solution to this problem - I'd be happy to hear it.

Thanks in advance.

Comment

There are typically no updates about feature requests until they're implemented into the platform. You'll find a line in the release notes mentioning the feature when it has been implemented.

Comment

How are other users dealing with this problem? If at all?

Clearly - it skews statistics and makes book-keeping difficult.

I don't want to be the annoying and dissatisfied customer, but it's my impression that Ninjatrader generally spends time adding indicators or fixing drawing tools instead of handling the very BASICS first.

I'm also still waiting to be able to chart an RTH bar for daily data...

Comment

Bump on this.

Would love to find a solution to this. Maybe I simply need to export to Excel and manually aggregate using some kind of script or function?

Or is there some software where I can export my trade history?

It's my understanding that Sierra Chart offers a possibillity to 'aggregate' trades.

Comment

Hi all,

Is Ninjatrader any closer to solving this issue?

If not - is there some way I could solve this myself in Excel?

I'm considering 3rd party solutions, i.e., professional trading journal/software. But would rather not.

Thanks.

Johnny

Comment

Johnny, I guess you can ask next year and still you will not see this feauture implemented. It's like you said: basic functions are not there in NT8. That's really sad and meanwhile after some months playing with NT8 lifetime license I start to regret the purchase. I'm short before switching over to MotiveWave or SierraCharts. There are so many simple basic functions missing in NT8, that's unacceptable. Sorry for sounding frustrating, but this is how I feel like.

Comment

Originally posted by patricia70 View Post
                  Johnny, I guess you can ask next year and still you will not see this feauture implemented. It's like you said: basic functions are not there in NT8. That's really sad and meanwhile after some months playing with NT8 lifetime license I start to regret the purchase. I'm short before switching over to MotiveWave or SierraCharts. There are so many simple basic functions missing in NT8, that's unacceptable. Sorry for sounding frustrating, but this is how I feel like.
                  Hi, Patricia,

Let's see what Ninjatrader answers, but I fear you're right and I do understand your frustrations. I've spent a lot of time and money to implement basic features using custom scripts and custom indicators.

What I hear from other platforms is that they are fast to implement and adress inefficiencies, but sadly that's not the case with Ninja. Instead, they seem to focus on publishing 'advanced stuff' and strange indicators instead of dealing with the basics first.

That said, I'm overall a happy customer and since I've used it for so long and am used to it - I probably will stay for now.

Johnny

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by techgetgame, Yesterday, 11:42 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post techgetgame  
                  Started by sephichapdson, Yesterday, 11:36 PM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes