Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Visualization of trades/executions on charts - Messy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NinjaTrader_BrandonH
    replied
    Hello stanton343,

Thanks for your note.

I have added your vote to this feature request.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Leave a comment:

• stanton343
    replied
    +1 Vote for me please. Would save hours of time in my week.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_BrandonH
    replied
    Hello DerkWehler,

Thanks for your notes.

I have added your vote to this feature request.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted on the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Leave a comment:

• DerkWehler
    replied
    Originally posted by Johnny View Post

Hi,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'm aware of that solution, but I don't feel it's helping.

My suggestion:

1. You should add the option of creating lines between entry and exit like is shown in the second picture I posted above. You already have this functionality through Trade Performance. So not sure why it can't be available on ordinary charts also?

If this option is added, one may not need the second option.

2. Let the text (text box) be possible to move. And also have a line from the text to the entry/exit. Drag and drop style.

That way, the user can at least be able to clean up his charts a bit.

The way it is now is simply not working for me and I'm spending a lot of time annotating my charts manually...

Thanks in advance.

Johnny
    I definitely second this. Would be a lot easier to see trades if there were lines.
    But it's 9 years later, and nothing has been done...

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_BrandonH
    replied
    Hello Camper6003,

Thanks for your notes.

Yes, trades placed by NinjaScript strategies will link entry and exit orders with profitable/unprofitable trade lines. This is not currently an available option for manually placed trades.

This feature request is for tracking interest in implementing this feature for manually placed trades and has not been added to the platform at this time. Note that we do not have an estimated time for if/when this will be implemented.

Leave a comment:

• Camper6003
    replied
    Originally posted by NinjaTrader_BrandonH View Post
    Hello kissandfly, caveat_lector, thinarthrill, and TickBull7000,

Thanks for your notes.

I have added your votes to this feature request.

Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
    • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
    • Feasibility
    • Developer bandwidth
    • Current projects in the queue
    • Economics
    You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.

Let me know if I may assist further.
    Isn't this already available on automated strategies? So The code is there. It just needs to be enabled?

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_BrandonH
    replied
    Hello kissandfly, caveat_lector, thinarthrill, and TickBull7000,

Thanks for your notes.

I have added your votes to this feature request.

Deciding on features for future releases is not a simple black and white decision. There are many factors involved including but not limited to:
    • Demand which is measured by objective user requests and subjective discretion on the part of our Product Management team.
    • Feasibility
    • Developer bandwidth
    • Current projects in the queue
    • Economics
    You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.

Let me know if I may assist further.

Leave a comment:

• Johnny
    replied
    [QUOTE=temtam;n1203767]I reset my password just to make a thread exactly like this. I'm glad other people feel the same way. The trade visualization is useless for a platform that specializes in that stuff.

Then the solution dawned on me: use Tradovate.

Seriously though, there has to be some way to code this into an indicator?

It looks like you can get a collection of the current sessions trades for a given account: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...executions.htm

Hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to draw a line between an entry and exit. I'd give it a shot but Ninjascript Editor is limited to licensed versions.[/QUOTE]

That's the thing.

It should be extremely simple for Ninjatrader to implement. After all, it's a feature that's already existing in a way...

But they never implement customer wishes...

Leave a comment:

• Zigfried
    replied
    Hi all,

Related to the topic I just created is the visualization of trades. If you take simply a few trades per day - I suppose it can work. But if you're actively trading, it seems like the charts turn into a mess. I'm having a hard time reading all this.

Maybe it's just me? And maybe it's a matter of training?

A solution for me have been to annotate my charts manually using NT's arrows/markers as a guide, but it's a time consuming process as well.

Just curious what experience other people have and if there's a way to do this better.

Clicking "Chart" from "Trades" in the "Trade Performance" generates a chart that is slightly better. But it's still a bit difficult to process. But maybe this is simply how it is if you trade frequently during a day.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.png
Views:	1706
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	1066071

Name:	3.png
Views:	1709
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	1066072
    Here's how I visualize my trades. I simply add a few lines to the standard marker indications so that I can visualize the entry level and PT/SL levels for each trade. Sometimes I also add text below the lower line for misc info on the trade. This is all generated from NinjaScript.

https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...79#post1183979 Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	424
Size:	29.2 KB
ID:	1205495

Leave a comment:

• gneyman
    replied
    Hi all,

Related to the topic I just created is the visualization of trades. If you take simply a few trades per day - I suppose it can work. But if you're actively trading, it seems like the charts turn into a mess. I'm having a hard time reading all this.

Maybe it's just me? And maybe it's a matter of training?

A solution for me have been to annotate my charts manually using NT's arrows/markers as a guide, but it's a time consuming process as well.

Just curious what experience other people have and if there's a way to do this better.

Clicking "Chart" from "Trades" in the "Trade Performance" generates a chart that is slightly better. But it's still a bit difficult to process. But maybe this is simply how it is if you trade frequently during a day.

Name:	2.png
Views:	1706
Size:	68.4 KB
ID:	1066071

Name:	3.png
Views:	1709
Size:	76.4 KB
ID:	1066072
    bit late to the thread - is it possible to change aggregation period from 1 minute to user defined (range, tick, renko, other time frames & aggregation periods) or is it limited to 1 minute default?

Leave a comment:

• TickBull7000
    replied
    Originally posted by temtam View Post
    I reset my password just to make a thread exactly like this. I'm glad other people feel the same way. The trade visualization is useless for a platform that specializes in that stuff.

It looks like you can get a collection of the current sessions trades for a given account: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...executions.htm

Hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to draw a line between an entry and exit. I'd give it a shot but Ninjascript Editor is limited to licensed versions.
    ...Indeed, good input!
    I agree this shouldn't be a big deal to script into a custom indicator.
    Just it's currently not my focus what I'm working on right now.

Will definitely track the thread and get in touch again...

Leave a comment:

• temtam
    replied
    I reset my password just to make a thread exactly like this. I'm glad other people feel the same way. The trade visualization is useless for a platform that specializes in that stuff.

Hopefully it shouldn't be too hard to draw a line between an entry and exit. I'd give it a shot but Ninjascript Editor is limited to licensed versions.

Leave a comment:

• TickBull7000
    replied

Sadly, I think you'll wait a long time (if ever) for this.

Not trying to be negative or dismissive, but the truth is Ninjatrader does not have a history/reputation of implementing customer requests no matter how basic.
    Hi Johnny,

I understand that not all feature request can be satisfied. But if no one is asking for a feature, the chance to get it is even lower.
    So for me it is more useful to add ideas than being negative on a subject right away.

It's also possible to connect here with third party developers or users who shared their solutions to the problem.

I liked your initial post and how you addressed the way how the feature should look like. I will definetly post back here if I'll stumble over another solution if I'll stumble over it one day.

For instance it's thanks to your initial post I found the "hidden" feature of charting the executions out of the trade performance menu. The plots are more like what I'm looking for and I'm just loading a dedicated chart template (with limited functions) over it, for this view to match it as close as possible with my trigger chart.

...that's the strength of communities and forums!

Have a nice day!

Leave a comment:

• Johnny
    replied
    Originally posted by TickBull7000 View Post
    Hi,

+1 for this request, as I'm also looking for the same improvement.

Arguments
    Here's my explanation on why I would need this:
    - Reviewing the trades is extremely crucial for the trade session debrief in order to develop the traders skills, strategy and execution technique.
    - Having convenient tools for trade documentation supports this debriefing process.
    - As the visual part looks often very "messy", I do this step manually what is very time costly.

Features
    - Customization for the plots in the ordinary data series (size, color, style)
    - Line connections from entry to exit position, in ordinary data series, as it is already available from the Trade Performance Tool (in order to have a view with the actual chart with their indicators, style, time frame, multiple data series, ...etc. used in the session)
    - Access and visualization of the ATM Strategy depending orders (seeing SL and TP used by the ATM strategy even if not hit)

I love the NT platform and it's unlimited possibility for customization and extensions. I would very appreciate having a improved solution for this basic functionality.

Thanks for your efforts!
    Sadly, I think you'll wait a long time (if ever) for this.

Not trying to be negative or dismissive, but the truth is Ninjatrader does not have a history/reputation of implementing customer requests no matter how basic.

Leave a comment:

• TickBull7000
    replied
    Hi,

+1 for this request, as I'm also looking for the same improvement.

Arguments
    Here's my explanation on why I would need this:
    - Reviewing the trades is extremely crucial for the trade session debrief in order to develop the traders skills, strategy and execution technique.
    - Having convenient tools for trade documentation supports this debriefing process.
    - As the visual part looks often very "messy", I do this step manually what is very time costly.

Features
    - Customization for the plots in the ordinary data series (size, color, style)
    - Line connections from entry to exit position, in ordinary data series, as it is already available from the Trade Performance Tool (in order to have a view with the actual chart with their indicators, style, time frame, multiple data series, ...etc. used in the session)
    - Access and visualization of the ATM Strategy depending orders (seeing SL and TP used by the ATM strategy even if not hit)

I love the NT platform and it's unlimited possibility for customization and extensions. I would very appreciate having a improved solution for this basic functionality.

Thanks for your efforts!
    Last edited by TickBull7000; 06-01-2022, 09:41 AM.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by Mindset, Yesterday, 02:04 AM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post Mindset
by Mindset

Started by agclub, 04-21-2024, 08:57 PM
4 responses
0 likes