DrawingObject quick template change in context menu

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DrawingObject quick template change in context menu

it takes 6 clicks to change a drawing object template... Sierrachart has a button on their main toolbar for 5 chart drawing object defaults so you can quickly / easily select the template you want.

This functionality could be easily implemented in 2 clicks by incorporating the templates in the context menu item while right clicking on the chart drawing object. I would prefer this option. Any chance you guys could do this in the next release? (please see attachment)

Also, can you add an option to the drawing objects to remove all object of a particular object type? This isn't as important to me but it existed in NT7. For example, right now there is just a 'remove' button, can you add a remove all one also? It should pop up a dialog box confirming to the user to remove all of that particular object type.
    Attached Files

Hello habibalex,

Thank you for your note.

I have submitted your suggestion to our development team as a feature request.

Similar to windows file explorer, by holding down the CTRL key and then using the left mouse click to select various non sequentially listed objects to remove, they can then be removed. By clicking on one selection at the top of the list and then holding down the "shift" key then clicking a selection on the bottom, a list of objects can be selected and removed. Likewise, you can select the visible list and then use the CTRL and left click to exclude specific objects from being selected/removed.

To make this easier the Drawing Objects window itself can be lengthened (like any window) to provide a longer list view to work with

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Hi ChrisSch. I see Feature #13534 was added in 8.0.19.0 and it sort of implemented the change I had suggested, however the hotkey opens a template for the entire chart not the selected drawing object. This was not what I had asked for. Can you have them fix this and also implement the templates in the context menu when right clicking? The hotkey needs to open the correct template based on the context of what is selected on the chart.

Comment

Hello habibalex,

Thank you for the reply.

I have forwarded your feedback and additional suggestions to our development team.

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

I´m agree with Habibalex, this would be a nice function. Please implement it as soon as possible.
          Thanks.

Comment

agree with suggested feature, please add my vote also I would "visual" on and off on this menu to. Thanks

Comment

Hello pekex and greenshank,

Thank you for the responses.

We have added your votes to the following feature request SFT-2369. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:
              Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yes! getting access to available template through the context menu is really needed!!

please add me vote to the feature request.

Comment

Hello askerix,

Thank you for the responses.

We have added your vote to the following feature request SFT-2369.

Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:
                  Clayton G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Another suggestion could be a Format Painter like we see in MS Word. This way you can easily copy/paste the format (like color/outline color) to another drawing object.

Comment

Hi, it's been 3 years. Any chance we can make this happen soon? NinjaTrader_Clayton

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
                      4 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post arvidvanstaey  
                      Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
                      16 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post samish18