Moving Limit Order

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving Limit Order

How do I keep a limit order from moving? I have a strategy that submits a limit order at the bid/ask price -1/+1; since the strategy recalculates at each tick, the limit orders are also recalculated which cause them to move, and in some instances, a popup is received informing me that i cannot move a limit order. Is there a way to include in the strategy builder something to the effect of Pending Orders == 0?

Hello Renorail,

Thanks for your post.

The limit order is moving because your entry conditions remain true which continues resubmitting the limit order.

What you could do is to create a bool variable in the "Inputs and Variables" page of the strategy builder. Set the bool's default to true. In the set where you place the limit order, add the condition to check that the bool is true and in the "do the following" section, set the bool to false. This way the order is placed one time only. You will need to likely add another set and create a new condition to reset the bool to true when you want to again place the limit order.

Please note that if a limit order is not filled on the entry bar, it will be automatically cancelled as this is an automatic function in the "Managed approach" that the strategy builder must use, here is a link to further information on the Managed Approach: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...d_approach.htm
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Paul. I'll give it a try.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by usazencort, Today, 01:16 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post usazencort