Price Profile time discrepancy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Price Profile time discrepancy.

It seems I am unable to correctly align the Price Profile times with my system times. The Price Profile does not match-up to a Chicago, New York ot Universal Time frame. It is 15 mins. off the half hour marks also. Am I missing a setting?
    Attached Files

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
    • Who are you connected to? This is displayed in green on lower left corner of the Control Center window.
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?

Comment

8.0.18.0 64-bit: Ninja Trader Continuum; and no there are no errors. Everything is working fine except the time alignment.

Comment

There are errors on the control's log tab:
        Attached Files

Comment

If you open up a SuperDOM, does the price match between your chart and the SuperDOM? Or is there a discrepancy?

If you disconnect from data, do you observe that windows continue to update? Or do the windows stop updating the exact moment that you disconnect?

Comment

Sorry was away for a bit. Everything seems to be updating correctly but what I just noticed was that the Price Profile working off the RTH feed is correct but the one I sent earlier was the ETH feed. It was still wrong even when connected to the default time feed. The DOM is matching and when disconnecting it is almost right away.

Comment

When you say "the Price Profile working off the RTH feed is correct but the one I sent earlier was the ETH feed", can you elaborate on what you mean? Are you referring to different data feeds? Are you referring to the 'trading hours' property of the Order Flow Volume Profile indicator? Are you referring to the 'trading hours' property of your chart's data series?

Comment

I had two data feeds and two indicators, one to each data feed and set separately. I deleted the chart and rebuilt it and it seems to be OK at the moment but won't be able to tell until tonight.

Comment

Ended up with the same problem tonight. Single data feed connected to NT Continuum with 2 Profile indicators, one set for ETH and the other to RTH. The included image is the Price Profile set to the ETH. As you can see it is printing 1/2 hr behind my system time (EDT).
                  Attached Files

Comment

Can you provide me with screenshots which display all of your Volume Profile settings (not just the colors)?

Also, what is your 'resolution' set to? If you change this to 'Tick', does the symptom persist?

Comment

Resolution is minute and it stays the same for tick. (The RTH settings are working just fine.)
                      Attached Files
                      Last edited by yhawk; 08-06-2019, 09:13 AM.

Comment

I have not been able to reproduce this symptom on my end using the information you've provided. Is this symptom occurring right now? If so. I'd like to setup a call so I may investigate in real-time on your PC. Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
                        • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
                        • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
                        • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2232998 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

Yes it is still occuring to the best of my knowledge. Day frame seems to work OK.
                          Last edited by yhawk; 08-06-2019, 12:12 PM.

Comment

This is still persisting. From what I continue to see the lower case times of 'g' and 'h' (11:30 p-12:30 a) are printing correctly. It seems to go out of line with the lower case 'i' (12:30 a - 1:00 a) and continues 1/2 hr. behind until the upper case 'A' (9 a - 9:30 a) prints correctly. The lower case 'z' (8:30 a - 9 a) does not print at all - skips from 'y' to 'A'. Included charts are set for <Use instrument settings> and the two Profiles are set to ETH and RTH. It is the ETH profile template that is 1/2 hr. behind.
                            Attached Files

Comment

Please follow my instructions in post #12 so we may gather more specific information about what you're experiencing.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                              Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
                              5 responses
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
                              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 08:13 AM
                              1 response
                              0 likes
                              Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB