Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

playback greyed out when advancing time slider

Hello,
    I'm brand new to the platform. Using sim account and trying to playback data for 4/11/18 to learn placing types of orders. Playback works okay until I slide the time slider to advance to later in the day. Then it greys out and is unusable for approximately 5 minutes -- I can't pause, slide the slider or even move the window. It eventually becomes usable again.

Using version 8
    Attached Files

Hello stringchopper,

Thank you for your post.

Could you please send the log and trace from your platform to look further into this inquiry.

To send me your log and trace files from within NinjaTrader. Go to Control Center-->Help-->Email Support in NinjaTrader. Put 'Att Shawn', in the subject field and enable 'Log and trace files'. Also, give a reference of this thread in the body of the email.

We look forward to assisting you further.

Shawn B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks for your reply - I sent the log and trace files just now.

Comment

I just want to add. If I slide the slider before pressing play (for example, to 7:00AM), the window does not grey out, but after pressing play, the time is midnight, not 7:00AM. If I hit pause, then adjust the time again and press play, the window then greys out.

EDIT: I just noticed that the playback window, when greyed / frozen, is playing back data fast, at about a minute per second. It advances at that pace until it reaches the time that I had previously selected in the slider (7:00AM). When it reaches 7:00AM, playback stops, and the window becomes unfrozen.

So to recap: selecting a time in the slider and pressing play causes playback to start at midnight, grey out the window, advance a minute/sec to the selected time, then after reaching that time, un-grey the window and stop playback. The process takes about 5 minutes or more.
        Last edited by stringchopper; 04-13-2018, 01:55 AM.

Comment

Sounds like expected behavior.

Comment

Originally posted by sledge View Post
            Sounds like expected behavior.
            But when I run NT on my laptop, it fast forwards through the data in increments of one hour per second and takes only a few seconds, as opposed to incrementing by the minute and taking 5 or more minutes to become responsive on my desktop machine (that prompted my post).
            Last edited by stringchopper; 04-13-2018, 07:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by stringchopper View Post
              But when I run NT on my laptop, it fast forwards through the data in increments of one hour per second and takes only a few seconds, as opposed to incrementing by the minute and taking 5 or more minutes to become responsive on my desktop machine (that prompted my post).
              Do you have open work spaces that aren't fully closed? I'd so, close them all.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by WHICKED, Today, 02:02 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post WHICKED
              by WHICKED

Started by selu72, Today, 02:01 PM
              0 responses
              0 likes