Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Demo Allowance Exceeded

Greetings,

After installing NinjaTrader8 and requesting free real time Futures data for a simlation account I got an email stating I exceded demo allowance.

I downloaded and installed the Free NinjaTrader sortware.
    I selected to add free Futures data and selected NinjaTrader8.
    I added connection as instructed - screenshot is attached
    I did nothing else and received this email indicating I exeeded some limit and I didn't even get logged in to make a single simulated trade.

Here is the email I received:

================================================== ========================================
    To: my email address
    Subject Demo Allowance Exceeded

Thank you for your interest in a free real-time futures data trial.

Data trials are limited and you have exceeded your allowance. Please contact your broker if you have any questions.
    This is a system generated message, so any replies will not be received.
    ================================================== =========================================

What did I do wrong?
    Can I just delete this installation and start a new one - possibly with a different email if necessary - to fix this?

Thanks,
    Carl

Attached Files

Hello seagraph,

Thank you for your note.

This message comes from CQG and there is no way to workaround the limit as they handle all the demo accounts. Please note that the exchange has limited demo requests to one every 365 days. If you have exceeded this limit you will not be able to receive login credentials again until the time has passed.

Please let us know if further questions come up.

Comment

I think maybe everything is fine as I did get one email with credentials that I used to connect to My NinjaTrader Continuim on my first computer. I mistaken thought the limit was for the number of trades but after reveiwing your post it simply means I can only get one set of credentials for an account once every 365 days. I then downloaded of Ninjatrader again on my second computer and this second download probably triggered the message. I believe I can use Ninjatrader on two computers with the same account ...but... I need to use the same credentials on both computers when I set up the connection to My NinjaTrader Continuim. Hopyfully this makes sense.

Comment

Hello seagraph,

Thank you for the reply.

You can certainly use these credentials on both computers when setting up your connection, the only restriction is you cannot be connected to the same account on both computers at the same exact time, you would disconnect from one PC when connecting on the other and vice versa.

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by mattbsea, Today, 05:44 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post mattbsea  
        Started by RideMe, 04-07-2024, 04:54 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post RideMe