Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Heiken Ashi bars on tick charts are spaced unevenly (or bars are missing)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Heiken Ashi bars on tick charts are spaced unevenly (or bars are missing)

Hi,

Somthing I noticed whilst trialing Heiken Ashi bars on some tick charts over the last week or so. Somtimes, it completely skips bars, as in the example below. I've tried 'reload all historical data' etc., but I think it is in fact a bar issue. Example below which is 150 tick FDAX. In fact, if you zoom out, bar spacing is, frankly, all over the place... I wonder if this is Ninja trying to align 150 ticks, ie. a non-time based bar, with a fixed time scale along the bottom of the chart? Bars should be evenly spaced. Randomly spaced bars don't do much for my brains pattern recognition skills.
    Attached Files

I just read another similar thread here https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...d.php?t=108844

but that speaks of minor 1 or 2 pixel differences. But, to clarify, I have equidistant bar spacing on (and have tried it off, which seems far worse).

For info, on further testing, this seems to primarily happen when there is a second data series on the chart, even when that series is hidden (I have it set transparent as there is no longer an option to not plot I believe) I tried it in it's own window, and in the same (as I generally use it). I don't think a hidden data series should influence the bar spacing of the other data set. I have tried changing the periods on the second data series, but it does not seem to help at all.
    Last edited by pjsmith; 04-14-2018, 12:37 PM.

Comment

Hello pjsmith,

Are there multiple data series on this chart?

Are you using the HeikenAshi bar type included with NinjaTrader 8 or the indicator downloaded from the forums?

Is the chart the same with all indicators removed?
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChelseaB View Post

Are there multiple data series on this chart?

Are you using the HeikenAshi bar type included with NinjaTrader 8 or the indicator downloaded from the forums?

Is the chart the same with all indicators removed?
        "For info, on further testing, this seems to primarily happen when there is a second data series on the chart, even when that series is hidden (I have it set transparent as there is no longer an option to not plot I believe) I tried it in it's own window, and in the same (as I generally use it). I don't think a hidden data series should influence the bar spacing of the other data set. I have tried changing the periods on the second data series, but it does not seem to help at all."

Yes, the one supplied with NT8, latest build

Unknown.

Comment

Hello pjsmith,

The behavior is caused when adding multiple series to a chart.
          With equidistant bar spacing enabled, the bars will not overlap but there will be gaps where there are bars for the other series but not a bar for this series.

Below is a public link to the help guide on Multiple Series and Equidistant Bar Spacing.
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
          0 responses
          1 view
          0 likes
          Last Post cls71
          by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM