Help: 6,200,000 page faults

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Help: 6,200,000 page faults

my NT 8.0.18.1 freezes crazily and under task manager, Ninjatrader.exe has over 6 million page faults. I have tried to assign high priority to the task. everytime when the system is connected to kinetick, it hangs and calculation never ends!!!!

When I force quit, Vendor.dll always stays running and I need to end this task specifically.

under such a situation, what would you do other than sending a dump to the ninja support?! I have tried to clean the database, reinstall and almost everything the support can tell...

Based on the information you've provided, It sounds like you've been working with us on this already. Could you provide the ticket number, name of the technician, or last time you reached out to us? I'd like to make sure to keep the same conversation going so that no information is repeated unnecessarily.

If I've misinterpreted and this is the first time you're reporting these symptoms, then we'll likely need more information than can be gathered on the forums (like you log and trace files which you should not share publicly).

Please send your log and trace files to PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com. In the message, include "2236026 ATTN Patrick G". Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to your response so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open Windows File Explorer (hotkey = Windows key + E) Then navigate to, "Documents" (sometimes called, "My Documents") > 'NinjaTrader 8' folder
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.

Comment

Hi Patrick,
      No, this is a different issue. what I previously asked was NT complaints about unable to load a custom assembly. You asked me to send u the trace and log which I have reservation. indeed I read into the trace and log files and made an analysis. I don't think the problem can be solved by looking into the files. pls don't get it wrong and I thank you for offering the help.

I reinstalled the application, uninstalled many test indicators but the NT way of information presentation does really give me hard times. The Custom Assembly problem PERSISTS but NT runs without further complaints.

Issue of this thread is about after loading up all charts, with all indicator calculations completed, I connect to kinetick and everything starts to re-calculate again. This time, the calculation never ends and the complete system hangs. I have witnessed the memory usage can go up to 3.8GB and increasing (with much less page faults) or this time, over 6 million page faults but used only 400MB. I have tried to assign high priority to the task or even assign only one physical cpu to run NT.
      Last edited by timko; 08-07-2019, 08:31 AM.

Comment

Based on the information you've provided, custom add-ons and workspace complexity seem to be a part of the equation. I'll need to understand more about your workspace and your custom add-ons to assist you. Please provide the files I've requested so I may view more specific information.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post Aviram Y  
        Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM
        3 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby