Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Historical data utility? Kinetick download gives errors and frequently disconnects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rickym
    replied
    Sent the email with the logs and files as requested.
    I went back to NT7.
    What I am trying to do is get historical data from my Kinetick feed for futures contracts.
    I do not see how I can get continuous contract data from Kinetick at this point.
    I require as high of data resolution as far back as possible and use it as inputs to my neural network later.
    Thanks in advance

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_AlanS
    replied
    Hello rickym,

Thanks for writing in.

What instruments are you observing this behavior for?

Additionally, send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Mail to Platform Support.

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please include a link to this forum post in the body of your email.

Leave a comment:

• Historical data utility? Kinetick download gives errors and frequently disconnects

Just installed NT8 on a fresh install of windows7x64.
    Have all of my updates, etc.
    Entered my username and password into the Kinetick connection.
    Works fine for a while, but no matter what historical data I am trying to download, after about fifteen or twenty minutes (at the most) it starts throwing errors about the item I am downloading, sometimes dozens of errors and then may or may not disconnect the feed.
    Is there a standalone downloader of historical data I can use instead of loading ninjatrader?
    Something like the MarketReplayData downloader tool from PureLogik (a ninjatrader consultant)?
    I used it about a year ago for an older ninjatrader 7 install on a system and it uses the purelogik data source. It would be nice if ninjatrader had something lightweight and similar for this instead of trying to troubleshoot whatever is broken in NT8.
    Amibroker has AmiQuote, other trading platforms have a similar feature.

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by kevinenergy, 02-17-2023, 12:42 PM
117 responses
1 like
Last Post jculp
by jculp

Started by Mongo, Today, 11:05 AM
5 responses
0 likes
Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB