Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple Rectangle drawing question

Hi,

Pardon me for the very simple question, but I am struggling to create a marker, or a ruler, such as a simple rectangle or square, that can be moved around the chart, and can be locked for any size dimension changes, but released to be constantly re-positioned across the chart. If use the LOCK function at the chart, that will freeze dimensions, but will also free the rectangle at its XY position at the chart. What it is being happening with me using the standard rectangle drawing tool UNLOCKED is that, sooner or later, when I touch the rectangle with the mouse to move it to a new position, I will inadvertently change its size, so it is a pain to rebuild the exact rectangle marker size with the exact dimensions I want, not to mention it can get modified in the process, and I may not realize that happened, and continue to use a wrong rectangle marker size. I tried the ruler tool but what I want is the rectangle visibility at the screen, and the ruler tool cannot also be easily moved around, as a fixed size drawing block.

Thanks much,
    G

Hello G,

Below I am providing a link to an example custom drawing tool to help you get started.

Possibly the selection points could be suppressed in the GetCursor() method or the GetSelectionPoints() method.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi

Thanks Much! I will take a longer look into that, but so, it sees there's no way to accomplish my goal using the default tools, that is without some coding/scripting.

Regards,
      G

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Erick  
      Started by samish18, Yesterday, 08:31 AM
      4 responses