Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anomalous FXCM x CQG behavior

Hi,

Since yesterday I am testing again with Account/Distribution Range indicator, with Forex pair EURUSD and not sure if this is a coincidence of not, but definitely, I realized CQG data feed is getting in the way of FXCM feed. What is happening is that the chart using Forex pair stops and the Chart using 6E Futures ( EURUSD Futures) continues to update and receive data normally. This situation goes on until I deactvate the CQG feed, and leave only FXCM connected.Then the chart using FXCM starts receiving the data feed again, immediately. To catch up with data not received, I can click "Reload all historical data", so the EURUSD chart is re-built and continues to receive data. This cycle just happened now, I was out and left NT open and didn't receive FXCM data, or at least, FXCM data was unavailable for the EURUSD chart, for a couple of hours.

Yesterday, the same happened, and I did the procedure above, plus resetting the database and restarting the laptop.and all became normal, same as today, ecept that now I didn't care to rset the database and the laptop.. Yesterday, after a while seeing oth data feeds working properly in their respective charts, I enabled CQG data feed again. Everything seemed normal until earlier this morning.. Today again, the EURUSD chart immediately started to receive data from FXCM when I disconnected the CQG data feed

I am also under the impression AccDistRange indicator might have something to do with that, because I fear it creates hundreds of rectangle drawings while plotting the accumulation/distribution zones, and it seems those drawings also " accumulate " at the data base ( pun intended), and leaves a lot of garbage data. Hpwever, I cannot make a connection between how that would impact the performance of the FXCM x CQG data feeds.

Please let me know if there are any thoughts/suggestions to troubleshoot this behavior.

Many thanks,
    G

Hello G,

I gave this a test but I was not able to reproduce.

If you close all open workspaces, and then in a new workspace open a forex chart and a futures chart, are you finding the behavior is the same?

Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi Chelsea,

But it doesn't happen immediately ... the two times I experienced this, the charts were left open many hours until the FCXM chart stops to update.

Anyway, I will follow your suggestion and try some testing with some different scenarios and new workspaces, and get back here asap.

Thanks,
      G

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Aviram Y, Today, 05:29 AM
      0 responses
      1 view
      0 likes
      Last Post Aviram Y  
      Started by quantismo, 04-17-2024, 05:13 PM