Interval link

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interval link

Hi..I look at 5 instruments in a workspace and the interval link is very helpful to toggle between time frames. An issue I do have though is when using larger timeframes such as 4 hour, the days to load is much greater than the shorter timeframe for a 5 min chart. Having to change the days to load in each chart kind of defeats the time saving of using interval link. Is there a way to link days to load?
    Thanks

Hello derivtrader,

Thank you for writing in.

In this case, you could change the default preset for each type of chart so that they are all equal. To change the default preset, please right click on your chart > select Data Series, ensure the Days to Load value is set to your preferred amount and then select Preset > Save. You can change the Type in the data series and perform these same steps for each Type you plan on loading on your charts.

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

The Type I am using in each case is minute, i.e. 5 min, 60 min 240 min..so default preset allows to preset only one "Minute" Type. Is that correct?

Comment

Hello derivtrader,

Thank you for the reply.

Yes, all of these would fall under the "minute" type default preset. Are you experiencing different days to load with the default preset applied?

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

This is the issue..I have 5 instruments on workspace each in its own chart window with about 6 indicators for each chart. I started to use the interval link to toggle between timeframes for the 5 instruments. My lowest timeframe is 5 min which I use 5 days to load so as to not use much cpu. My longer timeframes are 240 minute where I use 40 days to load and a full-day timeframe (in minutes) using 365 days to load. If set default for days to load at 365 to cover all timeframes using interval link then the 5 min is loading 365 days for all 6 indicators. If the preset function in data series allowed to save preset for more than one "minute" type then your suggestion would work.

Comment

Hello derivtrader,

Thank you for the reply.

This would be the expected behavior of interval linking in the platform, any time you change an interval selection on a chart all linked windows would also change their interval and there wouldn't be a way to work around this preset limitation. I have submitted a feature request to our development team to be able to set multiple default presets per interval type.

Please let us know if we may assist further.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by aa731, Today, 02:54 AM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post aa731
            by aa731

Started by thanajo, 05-04-2021, 02:11 AM
            3 responses
            0 likes