Indicator alert -> Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indicator alert -> Strategy

This is a follow-up question to my previous question about tying an Alert to a Share Service (https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...-share-service). I haven't been able to search out any info, hence the new question.

I have a third-party indicator that I do not control which generates Alerts. These Alerts show up in the Alerts Log as expected.

I now want to use those Alerts as inputs to a Strategy. The entry condition is very simple:
    • IF Alert.Message == "Some Good Text" THEN Enter Trade Long
    • IF Alert.Message == "Some Bad Text" THEN Enter Trade Short
    Is this possible? If it involves custom Script that's OK, I am a software guy. Pointers in the right direction would be appreciated.

If it is not currently possible, is there a simple feature enhancement that would unlock access to the Alert data?

Thanks!

Hello aworldnervelink,

Thank you for your post.

While it may theoretically be possible depending on the structure of the alert, the fact that it's a 3rd party indicator makes it somewhat unlikely. If the indicator has an exposed plot or series that indicates when the alert would go off, you could include the indicator within your strategy, access the plot or series with that information and then place the trade. If not, you may be out of luck. Since it's a 3rd party indicator, it's likely that you wouldn't be able to edit the code to expose the necessary plot or value. I'd suggest trying to build a simple version of the strategy in the Strategy Builder, as that will show you the exposed plots & series for the indicator.

I'm providing a link to a pre-recorded set of videos 'Strategy Builder 301' and 'NinjaScript Editor 401' for you to view at your own convenience.
    Strategy Builder 301
    NinjaScript Editor 401

Also, here's a set of specific tutorials for creating conditions in the NinjaTrader 8 Strategy Builder in the NinjaTrader 8 help guide.
    Condition Builder

I have submitted a feature request to allow alerts to be monitored from a strategy regardless of whether a plot or series is exposed. This may be tracked under the number SFT-4170.

Please let me know if I may be of further assistance.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, Kate. I'm assuming your JIRA is not open to outsiders, but the developers are welcome to contact me.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post wzgy0920  
      Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post wzgy0920