Charts Not Loading--No data Coming Through

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Charts Not Loading--No data Coming Through

Downloaded NT8 a couple of days ago. Got connected to TD Ameritrade. Everything was working fine. First thing this morning I loaded the indicator Nison Candlestick Scanner and somewhere between last night and me loading the NCS I've lost my ability to receive data and for charts to update even though I'm connected to my broker and have the little green dot on the bottom left of the main page.

So I may accurately assist you, please answer all of the following questions:
    • What version of NinjaTrader 8 are you using? Please provide the entire version number. This can be found under Help -> About (Example: 8.0.?.?)
    • What instrument (and expiry if applicable) have you selected? For example, ES 09-19, AAPL, EURUSD, etc.
    • (For a chart) what interval is selected? For example, 5 minute, 1 day, 2000 volume, 4 Renko, etc.
    • Do you receive an error on screen? Are there errors on the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what do these errors report?
    • If you close all open workspaces, then when a blank workspace appears open a new chart with no add-ons or templates, does the symptom persist?

Comment

*I've read that with TD Ameritrade use of the 32bit version of NT8 is recommended. Is that true or does it matter if you use the 64bit?

1) 8.0.18.1
      2) I've tried multiple instruments. The instrument doesn't matter. It won't load anything. Also on the chart window, when I click on the instrument drop down tab, everything that is showing up looks like the default menu. All the options look like the default options that come with the trial version of NT8 and aren't specific to TD Ameritrade.
      3) Same is true here. It's set to the default daily, but again, I've tried multiple time frames and nothing will load.
      4) No errors on screen. I'd be happy to send a copy of the log if you can tell me how to save it and where to email it to.
      5) Yes, I've closed and opened multiple times with no apparent success.
      Last edited by crazyhorse2393; 08-09-2019, 06:47 AM.

Comment

TD Ameritrade had a restriction to the 32-bit version of NinjaTrader 7, but no such restriction exists for NinjaTrader 8. We always recommend that you use the 64-bit version unless you have a specific reason to use the 32-bit version.

So we can further diagnose your system, start NinjaTrader in Safe Mode.

To enable safe mode, please use the following steps:
        • Ensure NinjaTrader is shut down
        • Hold the CONTROL key and double click the NinjaTrader icon.
        • Keep the CONTROL key held down until you see the Control Center.
        • You can verify you are in safe mode by going to Help -> About.
        Once NinjaTrader has started on just the control center, please connect to a data feed then open a new chart with no custom bar types/indicators/templates and test for issues.

If there are no issues on this new workspace, please try opening the previous workspace by going to the Control Center > Workspaces > Choose your workspace.

If there are no issues, restart NinjaTrader normally and test for issues.

If this reintroduces issues, I would suggest rebuilding your workspace, adding 1 indicator at a time. Please keep track of what indicators you add back in so that we can narrow down what indicator is causing the issue if the issue returns.

Please let me know the results of this test.

Comment

I opened the 64bit version in safe mode. I tried to load a blank chart. There was no change. It still won't load. I deleted the workspace and tried to load another chart. It still won't load data. In my non-expert opinion there is something wrong with the handshake between NT and TDAmeritrade. They are not properly connecting for some reason. If you'd prefer to remote into my computer to see what's going on I'd be happy to do that.

Comment

Please send me your log and trace files so that I may look into what occurred.
            • You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support
            • Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.
            • Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2238444 ATTN PatrickG

Comment

Just sent it.

Comment

We discovered the root issue was that you were loading forex instruments. TD Ameritrade only provides equity and index data to NinjaTrader.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by rajendrasubedi2023, Today, 09:50 AM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post rajendrasubedi2023  
                Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
                4 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post geddyisodin