• Show
Clear All

Need a 3 Condition BackBrushAll

Click image for larger version

Name:	3 Condtion_BackBrushAll.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	1066836
    How do you get 3 conditions when true, to paint the background across the whole panel..?
    I use BackBrushAll quite often to test logic and it paints the background nicely, with just one condition only.
    But when I use more than one condition It paints a wide line.. I don't want a wide line.. How is it done..??

Thanks All
    Michael

Hello Mykro,

What you are seeing is expected, this is actually shown in the help guide for BackBrushAll: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...b=BackBrushAll

The All just means All panels, not the entire chart in this case.

For what you are asking, you would likely need to use a different approach if the goal is to have the entire background one color. Can you confirm are you trying to toggle the whole background color at once with no multi colored parts of the chart?

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Jesse,

The goal is when the Slope of the EMA, SMA, and VMA moving average lines are greater than 0.01 paint that area only... Just like in the example attachment here.. ( what I sent you in my first post is for Longs of course).

This is for the Strategy Builder only... I'm no coder.. Unless I'm walked through the process of entering code I won't have a clue..

Click image for larger version  Name:	BackBrushAll   Example.jpg Views:	1 Size:	173.3 KB ID:	1066846

Thanks
      Michael
      Last edited by Mykro; 08-09-2019, 07:41 PM.

Comment

Are there any more responses to this?? No work around..??

Comment

Hello Mykro,

Thank you for the reply.

I am not certain from the description what you are seeing that is incorrect. When using a condition that sets BackBrushAll it would set it for the bars where that condition was true.
          The image you provided seems to look very similar to the help guide image, however it is much more compressed to include more bars making the background lines skinnier.

Are you asking to only paint for a single bar at the start of the condition being true? What is the specific goal for the background being painted when the condition becomes true, should it remain true or happen once?

Can you provide an image of the problem you are currently seeing so that I can compare that with the image you want it to look like?

As a side note, we are working on the support forum so there may be some delay in replies in general. Another factor is that you had last replied after our office hours so the next reply from support would not have been until today or later.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Pattontje, Yesterday, 02:10 PM
          2 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Pattontje  
          Started by abdo22, Yesterday, 03:15 PM
          3 responses
          0 likes