NT8 Performance question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

NT8 Performance question.

Hi, I have been experiencing the same problem as many other NT8 users on this forum, charts that lag the DOM. I have tried to optimize my work spaces for best performance as much as possible, going by the NT8 guide. I have a question that I need an answer for in relation to that. I have approx 23 charts on each of 2 work spaces. Each work space is exclusively using one instrument. So 1 work space is ES, other is 6A. If I was to divide each work space into 2, would that help at all? Let me explain a bit more. I have both the ES and 6A work spaces open at the same time, just moving back and forth at various times throughout the day, seeking the best current opportunities. On each work space I have approx half of the charts visible on the screens. The other half I only access when the need arises. I could split each of my current work spaces into 2, being the main one with the always visible trading charts. And the other with the other chart that I only need to see occasionally. I want to know if this will help with performance at all before I go to all the trouble to do it?
    Cheers,
    Ken.

Hello KennyK ,

Thank you for your note.

If you planned on having the second workspace closed entirely and not running in the background, it could possibly improve performance in your platform however I would want to take a further look into your diagnostics files to best assist here.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN CHRIS S 2240207" in the subject line so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
    I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Rapine Heihei, 04-23-2024, 07:51 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Max238
    by Max238

Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
    24 responses