Collapse

Market Profile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I just wanted to check in and see if there was an update for the splitting/unsplitting of individual TPO profiles. Most other products do have this feature and it's taught in alot of courses. It isn't revolutionary or anything, but it simply displays the where price has gone (high and low) of price for the specified time letter and a workaround can be accomplished by having a separate chart, but having it integrated into the indicator itself would make analyzing markets much more efficient as that would remove the need for an additional chart and the need to manually draw the IB, POC, and VAs. What another product does is they've added a couple options in the right-click menu to split and unsplit individual profiles. Please see the attached images.

Comment

Thanks for the feedback. The two feature requests discussed in this thread have not yet been implemented. I'll add your vote to SFT-3838.

Comment

Hey, thanks for the fast response. I just wanted to clarify, I don't think 'single prints' is the same as 'profile splitting' in this context.Splitting refers to the separation of a TPO profile from a distribution into a time based candlestick-like representation whereas the single prints as mentioned by chalasani refers to an alert or some detection mechanism for single prints where there is only one letter at a price level in a profile. This is commonly seen in trend days and double distributions days.

Comment

More specifically, SFT-3838 is the request to implement a feature similar to the publicly available link below:Does what you're describing differ from this significantly, and if so, would you have any other available documentation about what you desire other than your description above?

Comment

Yes, there is a significant difference. Single prints is a visual description of a part of a TPO profile where as the splitting I'm talking about is reorganizing the profile data into columns. When searching for a description, I realized the challenge of finding a clear definition. I guess it's from a bottom up design because splitting refers to two different concepts.

It refers to reorganizing a profile into columns and separating a profile into two. I'm interested in reorganizing a profile. I wasn't able to find a formal definition from mypivots, but I was able to find multiple definitions from other products like SierraCharts, Investor/RT, Fin-alg, and Quantower. I've included screenshots of the description from various vendors and included a link in the image comments for your reference. Thanks for your help!

SierraCharts
            Investor/RT
            Quantower
            Fin Alg (User Manual PDF)
            Last edited by jonjon; 02-14-2020, 10:56 AM.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification and resources.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-3421. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

Last edited by NinjaTrader_PatrickG; 02-17-2020, 11:49 AM.

Comment

Again, thanks for your rapid responses and thanks for looking into this feature. Have a great weekend!

Comment

I see quick reply from the support team, but no updates. Time has passed and no interest from NT team to do some updates on the Price Profile Charts (TPO). Unfortunately we have to depend on other softwares to do our analysis .. when ninja could have done this already from log time ago...

Comment

Originally posted by chalasani View Post
                    The following enhancements would be great for now. If any are in the works please let us update.

High volume and low volume nodes
                    auto detect Single prints on TPO chart
                    Splitting of TPO profile

Splitting TPO is one I would love to see, i can draw the other two manually if i have to.
                    +1 this guy speaks the truth.
                    also please add:
                    - Weak and poor highs or lows
                    - Initial Balance range (with variable for duration, i.e. 60 minutes)

Regards

Comment

Cyph3r , I've added your votes to SFT-3666 and SFT-3838.

Can you elaborate further on what the following are exactly? Please provide examples, if possible:

Originally posted by Cyph3r View Post
                      - Weak and poor highs or lows
                      - Initial Balance range (with variable for duration, i.e. 60 minutes)
                      Regards

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PatrickG View Post
                        Thank you for the clarification and resources.

I have submitted this as a feature request to the Development Team. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-3421. Please reference this internal tracking number if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find it in the release notes:

http://ninjatrader.com/support/helpG...ease_notes.htm
                        Patrick,
                        Please add my vote for SFT-3666, SFT-3838 & SFT-3421.

Thanks,

Comment

I am thinking about buying a Ninja Trader life time licence. I am in the process of learning Market Profile but have read a few posts on the support forum that current users are unhappy with some of the features that are missing from the Market Profile charts in Ninja Trader. Does Ninja Trader have a date when SFT-3666, SFT-3838 & SFT-4321 will be completed.

Comment

We do not have publicly available release dates for feature requests. You'll find a note regarding your feature request in the release notes when a feature is implemented.

I'd recommend that you browse the help guide section on Order Flow Volumetric Bars and Order Flow Volume Profile to see if the current capabilities meet your needs. You could also write into PlatformSupport[AT]NinjaTrader[DOT]com if you have specific questions about configuration possibilities.

Comment

Can you add me with a 10x to the vote please? thanks

Comment

Hey guys, I also have a ticket open for what appears to be the same request - the ability to have split TPO's / single print columns for each time period. This is registered under SFT-4521. Can someone at NT perhaps combine SFT-4251 and SFT-3838 so we can get these split TPO's which have been requested quite a bit from Market Profile traders? Thanks a bunch ✌️

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                                Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
                                0 responses
                                1 view
                                0 likes
                                Last Post sightcareclickhere  
                                Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
                                9 responses
                                0 likes