Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

alerts

Hi,
    I track a basket of instruments on Market Analyzer. I have one chart window which I have configured so that when I click an instrument on the analyzer, it populates the chart. Suppose I pull up an instrument, draw a trend line, and set an alert with some action. Now suppose I repeat the process for few different instruments in turn, all from within that single chart window. Will each of those alerts trigger, even if the chart window is not currently showing the instrument, the line, and the alert?

If not, can you please propose a workaround. It is not particularly feasible for me to have to have a live chart up for every single alert I want Ninja to monitor.

Thanks in advance.

Hello biegea,

Thanks for your post.

When changing the chart from one instrument to another, the alert would advise that the alert will be removed unless you wish to "move" the alert to the new instrument, however the other conflict is that you are drawing a trend-line that would not be applicable on another instrument so in effect the answer would be no and the alert would not be moved. You cannot move an alert with a drawing object to another instrument. When you change the chart instrument the chart based alert is removed, it does not continue to function.

To accomplish your goal, you would need to create a custom script (indicator) that mimics your line drawing and can be configured to provide an alert signal that the market analyzer can read and react to. In the market analyzer you would add the indicator via the Indicator column which would then apply to all instruments running in the analyzer. You can then configure the market analyzer cell conditions as needed for your alert/notification.

If you would like this custom script created for you, we can provide references to 3rd party programmers who provide that service.
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you, Paul, that very clearly answers my question. Question: suppose I have the required indicator present on one tab of my Market Analyzer window, as you suggested, and then I toggle to a second tab on my Market Analyzer, but on this second tab I have not placed the indicator. Do I have to be clicked onto the active tab of Market Analyzer with the indicator present in order for the alerts to trigger, or will the alerts from tab 1 still work when I have clicked on to tab 2?

Comment

Hello biegea,

Thanks for your reply.

To be clear I am talking about a custom script (indicator) with the alert capability and yes a tabbed Market analyzer continues to run the data so the indicator would continue issuing its alerts.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post ghoul
        by ghoul

Started by Barry Milan, Yesterday, 10:35 PM
        6 responses