Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chop Index indicator installation error

Hi

I tried to install this indicator in NT8 "Chop Index" from the NT App share, and got the attached error message :

Choppiness Index was created by Australian commodity trader E.W. Dreiss and was designed to show when the market was in a choppy state (high values) and when not in a choppy state (low values) Update – A BIG thank you to Sim22 for providing a more optimized and updated version of the CHOP.

Click image for larger version

Name:	message1.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	60.2 KB
ID:	1067253

I checked for similar indicator names to be removed and clear the problem, but the only similar name is "Chopiness Index", and being a system indicator, it will not allow removal.

Please let me know where else to check...

Thanks much,
    G
    Attached Files

Hello bouncetherubble,

Thank you for the question.

This message generally means there would be a conflict between something you have installed currently and what you are importing.

You could manually install the item to test what the error is, if you are able to open the import screen and try to import the file, likely you don't have any compile errors so this would likely be a conflict.

To manually import, unzip the "Indicator" folder items (these are all .cs files) located in the zip file, and add the contents (not the folder) to your Documents\NinjaTrader 7\bin\Custom\Indicator folder- you'll see other .cs files here.

After copying the file into the correct folder, complete a compile from the Control Center> New NinjaScript Editor> select any indicator> right click on the script> Compile.
    A
    new error should appear, please expand the Error column so I could read the details and provide a screenshot of the error. This should narrow down what is happening.

After doing this, you can remove the files you copied into the Indicator folder and complete a compile to return to the compiled or working state you were in previously.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi ,

Thanks I will try that and get back asap,

Regards,
      G

Comment

Hello TraderCleve,

Thanks for your post.

This message generally means there would be a conflict between something you have installed currently and what you are importing.

You could manually install the item to test what the error is, if you are able to open the import screen and try to import the file, likely you don't have any compile errors so this would likely be a conflict.

To manually import, unzip the "Indicator" folder items (these are all .cs files) located in the zip file, and add the contents (not the folder) to your Documents\NinjaTrader 8\bin\Custom\Indicator folder- you'll see other .cs files here.

After copying the file into the correct folder, complete a compile from the Control Center> New NinjaScript Editor> select any indicator> right click on the script> Compile.

A new error should appear, please expand the Error column so I could read the details and provide a screenshot of the error. This should narrow down what is happening.

After doing this, you can remove the files you copied into the Indicator folder and complete a compile to return to the compiled or working state you were in previously.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
        Marco G.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by sightcareclickhere, Today, 01:55 PM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post sightcareclickhere  
        Started by Mindset, 05-06-2023, 09:03 PM
        9 responses