Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop Loss Outside RTH with IB

Hi Group !
    When I trade overnight, I can buy and sell with no problem, but my stops don't working because the setting "Outside RTH" is set to "No" in IB.
    Is there a configuration for this?
    Thanks in advance

Hello Acrux,

Thank you for your note.

Are you able to configure this setting within IB? What version of TWS are you currently running? You can check via Help > About Traders Workstation.

I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Hello Chris,
      Thank you for your response.
      I use IB Gateway Build 974.4d, Nov 27, 2018 12:47:31 PM.
      I don't use TWS, I'm able to configure this setting in IBKR Mobile.
      So basically, each time I make a trade in NinjaTrader, I need to go in IBKR Mobile deleting my stop order et recreate it from scratch with de setting "Outside RTH" set to "Yes" if I want to be safe in overnight...

Comment

Hello Acrux,

Thank you for the reply.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN CHRIS S 2245551" in the subject line so I may investigate this matter further.
        • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
        • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
        • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
        • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
        I look forward to your reply.

Comment

Hello,

Can you advise what the solution was to this please, I am having the same issue with Forex at 10pm UK time, which is my EOD. Once the chart moves to the next session I cannot place any more orders through IB gateway connection.

Comment

For this specific case, ensuring that 'Trigger after hours' was enabled within the Interactive Brokers connection in NinjaTrader was the cause/solution:
            • Control Center > Connections > Configure > Select your Interactive Brokers connection from the bottom-left 'Configured' list > Find and enable 'Trigger after hours' on the right-side connection properties

Comment

Trigger after hours is already enabled. Would the order TimeInForce setting effect this?

Comment

First, let's make sure you're using the supported version of TWS/Gateway:I would expect the TIF property to affect active orders, not have any preventative effect on placing new orders. What is the TIF when you place these orders? If it's not GTC, what occurs if you choose GTC then place the order? Here is a link with more information about TIF:Is there any specific message that appears when you attempt to place an order at that time? Have you contacted Interactive Brokers about this symptom? If so, what did they report?

Comment

I have to use Gateway 973.2 due to the IB daily auto disconnect issue. This has been discussed several times on this board as the preferred version to work around that issue. I realise that the latest NT8 version out today has an update to manage the reconnect but I am not in a position to install and thoroughly a test a new version of NT8. I will wait till the new version issues are aired and sorted before deciding on upgrading.

TIF is set to gtc on all my Account addon orders. I don;t see any messages other than the error, order rejected messages. I'm trying to close the previous sessions open orders rather than place new orders per say so I haven;t tried just submitting a new order. I find that after 10 mins or so the close order eventually goes through.

Comment

The TWS/Gateway disconnect symptom was resolved in the most recent NinjaTrader 8 release. Here is a quote from the release notes:Please download and use the supported version of TWS as well as update to the new version of NinjaTrader 8:
                    • First, copy your license key from NinjaTrader under Help> License Key then exit NinjaTrader
                    • Click on the link: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
                    • Enter your license key and press Submit
                    • Select 'NinjaTrader 8'
                    • Select 'Download'
                    • Critical: Before running the installer, ensure NinjaTrader is closed.
                    If the issue persists while using the supported version of TWS and the latest version of NinjaTrader 8, I'd suggest reaching out to Interactive Brokers support to discuss how/why this could occur and how to prevent it. Please respond back with the information Interactive Brokers provides.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by RookieTrader, Today, 07:41 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post RookieTrader  
                    Started by kujista, Today, 05:44 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post kujista