What is the best way to FORCE quit NT8?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What is the best way to FORCE quit NT8?

As title, could anyone share your experience on the bad consequences on killing the service and corrupting the system? and what's the best way to avoid?

Thanks in advance!
    Last edited by timko; 08-17-2019, 01:40 AM. Reason: previously i observed there is a 2GB RAM barrier but now I see NT8 can use more than 2GB

Hello timko,

Thank you for your note.

If you needed to force quit an application, you could do so by pressing CTRL + ALT + DEL to open the Task Manager and then select End Task on the running program. However, if you are needing to force quit NinjaTrader 8 consistently, we would want to investigate further to identify why this is occurring on your end.

Please follow the steps below to manually attach your log and trace files to an email to platformsupport[AT]ninjatrader[DOT]com with "ATTN CHRIS S 2246685" in the subject line so I may investigate this matter further.
    • Open your NinjaTrader folder under Documents.
    • Right click on the 'log' and 'trace' folders and select Send To> Compressed (zipped) Folder.
    • Send the 2 compressed folders as attachments to this email.
    • Once complete, you can delete these compressed folders.
    I look forward to your reply.

Comment

thanks Chris!
      I understand CTRL+ALT+DEL and why I asked was because, after END TASK under Processes, there is a chance that Ninjatrader cannot start up due to a running DLL. I had to go to Task Manager again to find the ninjatrader.dll (I forgot the actual name but definitely not ninjatrader.exe) to force quit that under Details before Ninja can start up again. A End Process Tree under Details may be a better bet.
      Everytime I need to perform a foreced quit is when ninjatrader does not respond. I generally have 4 Windows open, 2 charts, the control panel and the data window. When one of the charts hung up due to a forever indicator calculation, I clicked on the close Window of the control. It asks me if I want to save the workplace and the control window closes leaving the charts window open. I had no choice but to End Task.
      Also, this kind of End Task does harm the application and I lost workplace or had a workplace corrupted and eventually needed to start from a brand new. Pretty time consuming and troublesome....

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by judysamnt7, 03-13-2023, 09:11 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DynamicTest  
      Started by ScottWalsh, Today, 06:52 PM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post ScottWalsh